How do you apply a bubble-free screen protector?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by villa_bryan, Sep 3, 2007.

1. villa_bryan
    OP

Newcomer villa_bryan Advanced Member

United States
    K so i've already applied 2 screen protectors but can never get it bubble free!!!

i've searched and some people say to use a mild soap and other's have screwed up the touch screen doing so. So what can i do????

i don't wanna ruin my ds. at work we have some of that monster lcd cleaning stuff, i could borrow it and us it to clean the screens only it's made for monitors and i don't think it would have the same effect on a touch screen. SOOO would windex work? or how about alcohol so it evaporates fast???

what i'm thinking of doing is wiping it down with windex because it has some fingerprints, and then after i take a shower apply it.

but i dunno, HELP!!!

o there US hori protectors, i don't know if that matters.

2. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    Never use mild soap. It will mess up your touch screen most likely.

Now you can use a can of compressed air to really take out the bits of dust that attract themselves onto the DS screen when you're applying the screen protector.

I wouldn't suggest Windex, however, it's better than the soap method, but you should always get a second opinion from another fellow Temper. [​IMG]

Good luck.

3. Seraph

Member Seraph GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    People actually use these sort of methods to put on a screen protector? I just followed the instructions it gave you. I used the PSP/lens cloth to clean off the dust. Scotch tape if any dust got on the protector. And applied it slowly from one side to the other like the instructions say and it looked perfect. I guess you do have to make sure dust doesn't get in while you're applying it.

But this was with my old DS phat that I sold quite some time ago.

4. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    I apply one end, and use small hard things (uh.. not your..) like credit card to press down / push out bubbles. I always get mine bubble free.

5. Mucuna

Member Mucuna GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Could be a lack of fine motor skills. Did you failed at Scissors II in the first grade elementary school?

6. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    A trick I used to avoid dust was to take a shower and steam up the bathroom, then apply the protector. Steam traps dust.

Many times, especially with cheapo brands of protectors, the bubble will disappear in a day or two anyway, but if any dust gets trapped under the protector, that bubble will always be there until you clear it.

7. CannonBallZ

Member CannonBallZ GBAtemp Regular

United States