gbatemp, the new crack
OP
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
i subcribed to the usenet 3day/$3 service, do i just double click the nzb, or do i have to downloaai got a 3 day/$3 trial on usenetserver... what do i have to lose, i have newsleecher, and have download each part of the rar?

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, I am a Usenetserver subscriber here's how it works:

I am assuming you are looking for Wii ISOs. First, go to GBATemp's release list for Wii ISOs. Find the file name of the ISO. Enter that filename into Usenetserver's very elusive search engine tool. When it finds results, save them all into an NZB. NZB will act as a guide so you don't have to download billions of headers just to find one file.

Double click the NZB and it will boot up your Newsgroup Browser (I use NewsBin Pro if you're wondering). You MUST download each portion of the RAR files, also, you may want to download the par files too. They are parity files, as per my experience, 40% of my Wii ISO downloads fail because they are missing 3-4 bytes at the end of each archive. Use parity files if this happens. Its a lifesaver. You can literally rebuild files that have completely gone missing out of thin air with these par files.

QuickPAR is a good program.

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
OP
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
news leecher is downloading a few nzb's now, i guess i'll be able to check it in the morning, i wont have my wiikey till friday, is there anyway to check if it's a working iso?

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
There's no point downloading the bigger par2 files until you've downloaded all the rars and checked the files. Newsleecher has an option to automatically pause the bigger par2 files but not the smallest (empty) one. What you should do, is download all the rars plus the empty par2 file, run the par2 file, and that'll tell you if it's all good or if it needs more parts, at which stage you'd download some of the other par2s for repair (see that slyck guide for more info).

Once the files have been verified with the par2, they're all good, so your ISO will be fine
smile.gif

friedchicken

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
what you need:
news program that supports .nzb ( you got newsleecher)
binsearch.info to search for stuff and generate nzb (associate nzb w/ newsleecher)
quickpar to check for file completeness. do so by downloading one of the small .par/.par2 files e.g namexxxxyyyyzzzz.par2, if corrupt/uncompleted it will tell you number of blocks(##) you need. download par files until you sufficient blocks. e.g namexxxxyyyyzzzz.volAAA+###.par2 ###=blocks
repair
then use 7zip/winrar to extract and it should work just fine.

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
OP
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
any good groups? a.b.g.xxx? i'm useing a.b.g.wii, but i'm looking for a specific file... su-wkoropal is the file name on the release list... and i dont see it on this list... also, is there anyway to que nzb titles, i tried last night, but all it did was dl the nzb file and not all the files that came with it...

friedchicken

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@mslugx
the free ones suck. got like a day retention and limit it gigs. very hard to get what you want. go pay, spend 3bucks for 3 days. or go one month of unlimited. if you got slow broad band aka under 4mbit, go for the month.

@iza
do bother using headers and groups. got to www.binsearch.info
it will search through all the groups. saves you a lot of bandwidth from downloading (EDIT: all the headers from a specific group.)
here is what you wanted
http://www.binsearch.info/index.php?q=su-w...font=&postdate=

mslugx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mslugx
the free ones suck. got like a day retention and limit it gigs. very hard to get what you want. go pay, spend 3bucks for 3 days. or go one month of unlimited. if you got slow broad band aka under 4mbit, go for the month.

@iza
it will search through all the groups. saves you a lot of bandwidth from downloading (EDIT: all the headers from a specific group.)
here is what you wanted

thanks a lot. I thought their are some good ones.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
@iza
here is what you wanted
Also http://www.binsearch.info/?q=su-wkoropal&m...v_age=&server=2
Binsearch is great, you just gotta remember to search in the most popular groups AND other groups.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol