How do I write to the 3 in 1 ?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Slipstream, Jun 20, 2007.

Jun 20, 2007
  1. Slipstream
    OP

Newcomer Slipstream Newbie

United States
    I am a bit confused as to how I can write my GBA roms to the 3 in 1. I have an EZFlash Power Star 2 and the writer that came in the boxed set. Will the 3 in 1 fit in that writer? And if it does what software do I use to write. For the EZFlash PS2, I have been using EZ-Client 3.25, will that work? Please Help?!!

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    You write games to the 3-in-1 with the EZ-V, or any slot 1 flashcart that has full DLDI support.

The 3-in-1 is an expansion pack, it was never meant to be used as a standalone flashcart.

3. unusername

Member unusername GBAtemp Regular

Chile
  4. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    Exactly as he says, it is not made to upload games into, at least not in the traditional sense. With all other flash carts, you would drag and drop games (patched or clean) onto a flash storage device, then use that as memory to run the roms. however, the 3in1 is not made to do any of that. it is only what it is named, an "expansion." by using a slot-1 as memory, it allows rumble, opera, and GBA games. by itself however, it is nothing.

5. Destructobot

United States
    I wouldn't go that far. GBA on the 3-in-1 works pretty much exactly the same way as it did on the old GBA flashcarts like the F2A and the old EZ-Flash carts, it just requires a DS and a slot 1 flashcart to flash it instead of a seperate flashing device, or a flashing cable that you plug into a GBA.

6. Slipstream
    OP

United States
    Ok, So I checked out the "How to Wiki" and this is how I understand it -

1. The 3 in 1 is loaded (flashed) from the EZ-5 while in the DS using the EZ-5's options.

2. The EZ-5 is loaded with EZ-Client 4.

3. Once loaded the 3 in 1 will operate as a normal GBA flash card as well.

Right?

I also am under the impression that the 3 in 1 will support Pokemon transfers from GBA games to Diamond/Pearl?
    Can I transfer from a back up GBA rom to a store bought Diamond/Pearl?

That's really the whole reason I want one. Although if I can't, I suppose I could just back up my Diamond/Pearl...would the transfers work then?

Also, someone mentioned that the SD card in the EZ-5 is used for memory. Once I flash(load) the GBA rom from the EZ-5 to the 3 in 1, I can still put DS games on the EZ-5, right? You see where I am going with this? I want Diamond/PEarl on the EZ-5 and one of the GBA Pokemons on the 3 in 1 for transferring.

7. Destructobot

United States
    Yes.

8. kazumi213

Member kazumi213 GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    Thanks Destructobot. Now I fully understand why Austrina (at sosuke forum) was following so many steps to migrate pokemon from his/her 3-in-1...

9. Slipstream
    OP

United States
    Ok. Thank you for all the info. What you said about the EZClient 4 loading the MIcro SD is what I meant. So, to clarify.. I can't migrate any pokemon from a flash to the store bought Pearl/Diamond. But, with a patch, I can migrate from the 3 in 1 to the EZ5. Right? Oh yeah, here's another one...does the EZ5 allow the use of the WiFi feature of certain DS games, such as Diamond/Pearl? And if it does would it then be able to talk to the Wii wirelessly as well, lets say, to migrate Pokemon to Battle Revolution?

10. Destructobot

United States
    You can use wifi with pretty much any flashcart, but games on the Wii probably won't be able to read the save from the flashcart, just like the DS games can't read the save from a GBA flashcart without being patched. Until the games are out and it can be tested it's impossible to say.

11. ZeWarriorReturnz

Banned ZeWarriorReturnz Banned

United States
    Not really, there are people with the Japanese versions of PBR, and DP (J) in their flashcarts, so they could test it. I'm not one of those people though. GSD from the M3-Forum is one of those people. Send him a PM or something.

12. Slipstream
    OP

United States
    Cool. Thanks alot for all the info.