Gaming How do I view my friend code in Warioware D.I.Y.?

Supershape

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i've been wanting an easier method of transferring my Warioware DIY content around and i remembered that there's a "Friend Code" feature that allows you to input codes to share things with friends. unfortunately, i can't seem to find any method of viewing my own friend code. all the answers to this question i've found were made when the game was still supported (pre-2014). the answer i've seen most commonly is "go to the 'Friend Settings' menu in the distribution center and then look at the top of the screen to see your friend code". after following the answer's instructions, i view the top of the screen and don't see a single friend code in sight.
fren-code.png

my guess is that this is related to the game's lack of Wifi support, but if that was the case then why'd you need Wifi for wireless transfer?

ScottBBWan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
banjo is right, you have to use Wiimmfi to use Nintendo WFC. it says "Displayed on connecting to Nintendo WFC" because you don't have a friend code yet.

you're trying to use WiFi to transfer content, IIRC you can do it using the local play tech. i'd have to check my copy to give any more advice.

edit: the local play stuff obv only works if you're like in the same room or building as the person receiving.
Wiimmfi would be your best bet if you do need to transfer stuff across teh intrenats.
according to /entry/rambling-about-warioware-diy-and-modern-solutions.14283/ (can't post links yet), Wiimmfi fully supports WWDIY.
that post could be very useful to you, having links to a bunch of other solutions to this problem.

Last edited by ScottBBWan,
Reactions: banjo2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou