Hacking How do I use the dipstar codes??

jo_sean06

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's so many dipstar codes coming out?? I was wondering how do I install dipstar?

I couldn't understand the install guide of dipstar on the website because it was way confusing? Can anyone please clear on how to install it. If there's another topic on this please lead the way..

Thanks!

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got this information from this thread and cleaned it up for clarity and ease of use. Credit goes to Golds and dsrules for posting the info in the first place.

These steps worked for me on a G6 lite with firmware version 4.6a, and Dipstar 5.12FF. I don't know if it will work with earlier versions of either.

1. Get the current version of Dipstar and unpack it.

2. Copy 'dipstar.ds.gba' to the G6. Do not use the U-Disk software, just copy the file. I put it in the root folder for easy access, but any location on the cart is fine as long as you remember where you put it.

3. Load the NDS game onto your G6 with the U-Disk program. You can use any read method that works for the game EXCEPT safe mode. Safe mode will not work with dipstar.

4. Inside the Dipstar .rar file is a program called m3dip.exe. Select the NDS file on your G6 cart that you want to use dipstar with, and drag it onto m3dip.exe. Push enter when prompted.

5. In the NDSMode menu (press start) go to 'MyCard', and then to the location of the 'dipstar.ds.gba' file you copied
earlier. Highlight 'dipstar.ds.gba' and Press X once. When X is pressed, the loading circle will appear for just an instant.

6. Go to back to the 'NDS Game' menu and select the game you "dipped" with m3dip.exe.

7. Press A, then immediately hold the L button until the Game Boy into screen pops up on top of your NDS G6 menu.

8. Choose a button to set the codes to, then press that button. Remember which button you used, you will need to hold this
same button when you load the game in order to use the cheats.

9. Enter your Dipstar Codes, then push start to save them.

10. Turn your NDS off.

11. Turn your NDS back on.

12. In the NDSMode menu, go to 'MyCard' and then to the location of the 'dipstar.ds.gba' file you copied earlier. Highlight
dipstar.ds.gba and Press X once.

13. Go back to the 'NDS Game' menu and highlight the now coded game. Press A, then hold the button to which you saved the
codes until the game is loaded.

edit: Fixed steps 3 and 4.

jo_sean06

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which version of dipstar did you use? I really wanted to see if the pokemon codes would work with the 5.12ff version. And thank you, I can really understand the information you gave. It's much more understandable from the other tutorials that I've read.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm using 5.21ff, which is the latest version as far as I know. The only game I've tried using dipstar on is Advance Wars, so I really don't know much more than what I've already posted.

I seem to remember seeing someone say that some games that worked with older dipstar releases won't work with the newer ones, so if you can't get pokemon working with 5.xx you might try it with an older version.

If you're trying to use action replay codes they need to be converted. Check here: http://forums.maxconsole.net/archive/index.php/t-26098.html and scroll down near the bottom. If that doesn't help you'll need to google around for info. I've never actually tried to convert any codes myself.

jo_sean06

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I delete all of the numbers in the spot where I put the codes, because I don't know if i should delete them or leave them the same

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
When you first load Dipstar, there might be a bunch of codes already inside.
Hold down the shoulder L + R Button for like 3 seconds to clear them out.
Then you can enter your codes....

jo_sean06

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have converted many codes that work.. but only codes starting w/0,1,2 work. But there are others that start with letters and other numbers. I was wondering if anyone knows how to convert those.

For example:
94000130 000003fb
d5000000 3e700000
c0000000 0000013c
d6000000 021e0498
d2000000 00000000

These codes don't look convertable w/ the current way to, but hopefully we could in the near future, or if someone else knows how.

Thanks
happy.gif

Ghaleon1982

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the Dipstar 5.12FF from handheld sources, (its at the bottom of the page now) and unrared it and dose not come with the m3dip.exe Where can I get it?

Ghaleon1982

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I downloaded Dipstar from a diffrent site and it has that file. I did everything you said and now I get to the place where I enter codes...thats where I get lost lol. Theres already lines of code already showing. Do I just delete them and put the ones in for the game I want to play?

jo_sean06

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete them, they are really codes hold L+R for awhile and it'll delete them all . Enter you code then, make sure you put the (M) code before all others for each button, because they won't work without it.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How do I find codes for it? Dont say use Action Replay codes because there are none on the site.
You use action replay codes. They must be converted. Convering the codes works for codes that start with 0 or 2. You cannot use or convert action replay master codes, you must use a dipstar master code.

You can get codes from the action replay site. Go here, right click on the DS game of your choice, copy the link location(URL), paste it into the address bar, and add 1 to the number at the end of the URL. Press enter.

Harvest Moon DS codes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1