Homebrew How do I use the AK2i as a flashcart while having NTRBoothax installed on it?

diegitx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I have seen people mentioning that fairly frequently in the past. I really want to get that question out of my head...

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this is completely false
How so? You are effectively replacing the cards firmware.

Edit: my bad

"Note that the flashcart will not be able to be used for its standard functions while the ntrboot exploit is installed on it (except for in the case of the Acekard 2i, which remains functional on 3DS systems with custom firmware installed only). This means that, for most flashcarts, it will not even display on the home menu. There are optional steps at the end of the ntrboot flashing instructions to remove it from your flashcart when you are done."

Last edited by Natsuru,

diegitx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
does the cart show on the 3ds home menu while flashed?

im really sorry for this, but i actually am waiting for the ak2i to ship here right now. i just want to be very well-informed about everything when i get to hack my 3ds.

"Note that the flashcart will not be able to be used for its standard functions while the ntrboot exploit is installed on it (except for in the case of the Acekard 2i, which remains functional on 3DS systems with custom firmware installed only). This means that, for most flashcarts, it will not even display on the home menu. There are optional steps at the end of the ntrboot flashing instructions to remove it from your flashcart when you are done."

does this have to do with LUMA supporting flashcarts that never worked or were blacklisted?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im really sorry for this, but i actually am waiting for the ak2i to ship here right now. i just want to be very well-informed about everything when i get to hack my 3ds.

does this have to do with LUMA supporting flashcarts that never worked or were blacklisted?

Can't say but according to this https://gbatemp.net/threads/ntrboot-released.472585/
the Ak2i needs a hacked 3DS or DS system to flash it so I assume you need CFW/Whitelist patch on the 3DS.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
wait, how does that exactly work? if it just loads a NDS game in slot-1, where is the flashcart functionality?
You are mixing up this application up with this one
NTR Launcher does two things
1: Bring back the classic bootsplash for nds games/flashcarts
2: Serves as another flashcart whitelist.
This can boot up flashcarts that either lack of header or use an older header. This can also boot the Ak2i with NTRBoot installed on it.

Reactions: diegitx

EmuAGR

Trophies
XP
Country
Flash NTRboot to AK2i. Use AK2i from CFW'd console via Home Menu. That's all! You can insert the cart in another console to use NTRboot without losing DS functionality.

Bonus: NTRboot removes that awful horse logo the cart has as a header, and replaces it with a beautiful ak2 logo.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reactions: Natsuru and EmuAGR

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the reason other carts cant function as both, as there's no room for both. the AK2i has a larger NAND on it allowing for both, new cards built for this have a switch that itther switches "Pages" or nand banks from one ment for ntrboot or one for cart functionality. i dont think one's come out yet to copy the AK2i in this manner (sofar the closest really is the R4i Gold + )

im not sure how other card FW's Worked but if you pour thru a proper dump of the AK2i, you'll find an actual full DS Rom dump within it. (big reason you cant directly upload or link FW Backups of the AK2i just the FW updaters

Reactions: diegitx

diegitx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Flash NTRboot to AK2i. Use AK2i from CFW'd console via Home Menu. That's all! You can insert the cart in another console to use NTRboot without losing DS functionality.

Bonus: NTRboot removes that awful horse logo the cart has as a header, and replaces it with a beautiful ak2 logo.

Well with mine i just used ntrboot flasher and i was still able to use games lol acekard is nice like that

i didn't think it would take that long for two people to confirm the same thing. maybe it's my fault, for not formulating my question properly.

EmuAGR

Trophies
XP
Country
i didn't think it would take that long for two people to confirm the same thing. maybe it's my fault, for not formulating my question properly.
Your question was completely clear, don't worry.

To clarify, DS mode is always enabled in AK2i. DS mode will be blocked by the console if you don't disable the blacklist via patch or CFW on FW versions >4.3 .
NTRboot always works after flashing it, regardless of the console version, because it's checked before Home Menu (which enforces flashcart blacklist) is loaded.

And that's a feature currently only available to this cart, other flashcarts overwrite DS functionality with NTRboot when flashed and need to be backed up and restored.

Last edited by EmuAGR,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse