Homebrew How do I use the AK2i as a flashcart while having NTRBoothax installed on it?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im really sorry for this, but i actually am waiting for the ak2i to ship here right now. i just want to be very well-informed about everything when i get to hack my 3ds.

does this have to do with LUMA supporting flashcarts that never worked or were blacklisted?
let me explain what you are going to do is flash a custom firmware onto the flashcart to exploit the system into booting into safeb9sinstaller (Boot9Strap) after you have your device running cfw you can restore the cart to its original firmware and use it to play nds game its only needed to hack the device first time

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
let me explain what you are going to do is flash a custom firmware onto the flashcart to exploit the system into booting into safeb9sinstaller (Boot9Strap) after you have your device running cfw you can restore the cart to its original firmware and use it to play nds game its only needed to hack the device first time

actually the AK2i doesnt really need to be restored it still functions normally even with ntrboot payload installed.

vincentallen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the reason other carts cant function as both, as there's no room for both. the AK2i has a larger NAND on it allowing for both, new cards built for this have a switch that itther switches "Pages" or nand banks from one ment for ntrboot or one for cart functionality. i dont think one's come out yet to copy the AK2i in this manner (sofar the closest really is the R4i Gold + )

im not sure how other card FW's Worked but if you pour thru a proper dump of the AK2i, you'll find an actual full DS Rom dump within it. (big reason you cant directly upload or link FW Backups of the AK2i just the FW updaters
Don't forget about the ACE3DS X Flashcart. Which, IMO, is better designed than the R4I Gold 3DS +

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I'm not surprised.