Hacking How do I use Save Data Transfer Tool to backup my Pokemon save?

bache

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
In anther thread, a user said that it's possible to use Save Data Transfer Tool to transfer my retail Pokemon Omega Ruby save to a legit CIA installed on my SysNAND. For the record, I'm using a N3DS, with SysNAND 9.2.0, and EmuNAND 9.5.0. I have a few questions on the procedure.

How do I proceed without access to the Eshop to download the tool?
When I have obtained said tool, will I install it in SysNAND or EmuNAND?
Is there any way to then duplicate this save, and write it back to the cart so I have it on both the CIA and the retail cartridge?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In anther thread, a user said that it's possible to use Save Data Transfer Tool to transfer my retail Pokemon Omega Ruby save to a legit CIA installed on my SysNAND. For the record, I'm using a N3DS, with SysNAND 9.2.0, and EmuNAND 9.5.0. I have a few questions on the procedure.

How do I proceed without access to the Eshop to download the tool?
When I have obtained said tool, will I install it in SysNAND or EmuNAND?
Is there any way to then duplicate this save, and write it back to the cart so I have it on both the CIA and the retail cartridge?
You'll have to install Save Data Transfer from a .cia if you don't have eShop access.

It's a one way trip using this method, you can't transfer back to cart.

You'll have to use another method if you want to be able to transfer back and forth (SaveDataFiler or NTR2)

bache

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You'll have to install Save Data Transfer from a .cia if you don't have eShop access.

It's a one way trip using this method, you can't transfer back to cart.

You'll have to use another method if you want to be able to transfer back and forth (SaveDataFiler or NTR2)

I'm curious as to how I actually install it though. Seeing as GW mode can't see retail cartridges, I'd have to use Save Data Transfer on my SysNAND, but that doesn't have the ability to run unsigned apps, so the transfer tool wouldn't boot, would it?

RainThunder

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm curious as to how I actually install it though. Seeing as GW mode can't see retail cartridges, I'd have to use Save Data Transfer on my SysNAND, but that doesn't have the ability to run unsigned apps, so the transfer tool wouldn't boot, would it?

You're right. If you install .cia of Save Data Transfer, you can't use it for retail cart.

You can try rxTools: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-rxtools-roxas75-3ds-toolkit-fw-2-0-9-2.382782/. It supports 9.6 emuNAND, so you can download Save Data Transfer Tool directly from the eshop.

Reactions: Margen67

bache

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You're right, I didn't think of that.

Using NTR 2's save plugin is the best option available to you I'm afraid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1