Gaming Hardware Misc Others How do I use/play a downloaded save file for the Nintendo Switch?

MissThomasT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,
I have a question to ask and need help with something regarding save files and the Nintendo Switch. So, I have The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (the digital version) on my Nintendo Switch and I had 20 hours of gameplay. Unfortunately, my younger sibling got a hold of my Switch and ended up deleting my current BotW save file. Now even though I like the game and enjoy it, I certainly didn't love it enough to play another 20 hours of stuff I've already done to progress the story, also I barely have time to enjoy video games in general thanks to college and work. So, thanks to this site, I was able to find and download a 100% completion/endgame file of BotW (along with a 100% completion save file for Cuphead, which is also a digital purchase) but now I don't know how to use the BotW save file I downloaded and boot it up for my Switch. I have Apple Cloud and I believe there is a Cloud function on the Switch, but I worry that it's not that simple which is why I came on here to ask what should I do.

Thank you!

Reactions: PikachuPrincess23

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,
I have a question to ask and need help with something regarding save files and the Nintendo Switch. So, I have The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (the digital version) on my Nintendo Switch and I had 20 hours of gameplay. Unfortunately, my younger sibling got a hold of my Switch and ended up deleting my current BotW save file. Now even though I like the game and enjoy it, I certainly didn't love it enough to play another 20 hours of stuff I've already done to progress the story, also I barely have time to enjoy video games in general thanks to college and work. So, thanks to this site, I was able to find and download a 100% completion/endgame file of BotW (along with a 100% completion save file for Cuphead, which is also a digital purchase) but now I don't know how to use the BotW save file I downloaded and boot it up for my Switch. I have Apple Cloud and I believe there is a Cloud function on the Switch, but I worry that it's not that simple which is why I came on here to ask what should I do.

Thank you!
NSO has save cloud backup

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this will tell you if your Switch can be hacked
https://ismyswitchpatched.com/

Follow this guide to hack your Switch if ismyswitchpatched.com says you can.
https://switch.homebrew.guide/

So you don’t accidentally short anything while hacking, get this RCM Jig
https://www.amazon.com/Switch-Nintendo-Modify-Archive-Simulator/dp/B09GVHZ5B1/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1Y4EVCCWRVYWS&keywords=rcm+jig&qid=1641576991&sprefix=Rcm+,aps,290&sr=8-3

to inject saves I suggest JKSM, or Checkpoint
checkpoint: https://github.com/FlagBrew/Checkpoint/releases
JKSM: https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSV/releases/tag/09/01/2021

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have nso, you can redownload the save. it should warn you that the save on the system and the one on cloud are different when you try to boot up the game, so you can download it then and there, assuming you have an nso subscription. you don't need the expansion pack for cloud saving either.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello everyone,

Thank you!
What does Apple iCloud have to do with the Switch?
You'll have to hack your Switch.

Reactions: DerBreManaar

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

Thank you!
Apple Cloud has nothing to do with the Nintendo Switch. The Switch has its own Cloud service that you have to pay for but that's only for saves previously uploaded. If you downloaded a save from here, you need a homebrew app to inject it into your console which involves hacking your Switch.

Shiggitay1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooo I know this is an older thread but if I was to inject a 100% Smash Ultimate save from the internet via CFW and then reboot to OFW and play Smash Ultimate online, would I get banned? If so, to what extent? NSO account, or full console? Unless the save file is hacked in anyway (i.e. infinite health etc) I don't see any problems with it... Or if the save files are encrypted or something? What can I do? I don't have a cloud backup that's 100% so that's not possible for me... I ask because I recently got a new Switch that's not banned after I got my first hackable Switch banned... and I want to keep it able to connect to NSO.

Thanks in advance.

Joshtk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I do know some people mod their switches specifically to mod smash and change the aesthetics (character mods) in a way that is apparently safe when going online and doesn't ban, but I'm not sure modding a safe file to get everything will set off anything when going online. In any case, use a save file that's not completely 100% or one that you can guarantee that wasn't just altered hackwise to achieve everything, rather a real save someone uploaded and is feasible.

I encourage you to ask the same question over at game banana in the smash ultimate section and see if someone more knowledgeable can help you out.

Reactions: Shiggitay1

Shiggitay1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I do know some people mod their switches specifically to mod smash and change the aesthetics (character mods) in a way that is apparently safe when going online and doesn't ban, but I'm not sure modding a safe file to get everything will set off anything when going online. In any case, use a save file that's not completely 100% or one that you can guarantee that wasn't just altered hackwise to achieve everything, rather a real save someone uploaded and is feasible.

I encourage you to ask the same question over at game banana in the smash ultimate section and see if someone more knowledgeable can help you out.
Yeah exactly. I only want a save file that was naturally unlocked by a player... not a hacked app or w/e. Thanks for the answer. :) I joined their Discord and asked.

Last edited by Shiggitay1,

shadowskyss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have nso, you can redownload the save. it should warn you that the save on the system and the one on cloud are different when you try to boot up the game, so you can download it then and there, assuming you have an nso subscription. you don't need the expansion pack for cloud saving either.
How?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure you can only restore save files on a hacked switch. If you switch is hacked then you can use JKSV.
nope, tinfoil has in built saves for a load of switch games for download, when i completed NSMB deluxe all levels and the dam save went bork, i went on tinfoil and downloaded a save from there, was a life saver and i was able to save it to system NAND, even tho he is a mac user he can still use the in built apps on switch to get the saves downloaded directly on the system with tinfoil, no external computer needed
Post automatically merged:

Like he says you need Nintendo Switch Online.
like i said he doesn't if he has tinfoil installed just load the app and there is a section to download saves from there, no need to use Nintendo's subscription service, i'm completely cut off from Nintendo's servers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That boy yo