Hacking How do i use NUSGrabber?

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you are planning on using nusgrabber to download games, people are posting them ready to install (with altered .tik) on that iso site...

Redkoatz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately no. Seems to have a problem with windows 7. According to it's author.
That's why I'm trying to use nus grabber.
I got full titles with it but they seem to be missing a ticket.
I'm a bit confused about the process of obtaining that.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unfortunately no. Seems to have a problem with windows 7. According to it's author.
That's why I'm trying to use nus grabber.
I got full titles with it but they seem to be missing a ticket.
I'm a bit confused about the process of obtaining that.
Other alternatives are JNUStool (java) and FunkiiU (python). Both should work on Windows or Linux.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
where do you place ticket files?
You should get a bunch of .app files, and a bunch of .h3 files. You'll also have 3 files named title.cert, title.tik, title.tmd. Place everything in a folder named for example "gamename". Transfer that folder to your SD card, in the "install" folder. So, your SD card (root) should be install > gamename. On your Wii U with CFW running, install with WUP Installer Y mod, or something similar. That information should be in an existing tutorial already.

Reactions: jeannotte

Redkoatz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You should get a bunch of .app files, and a bunch of .h3 files. You'll also have 3 files named title.cert, title.tik, title.tmd. Place everything in a folder named for example "gamename". Transfer that folder to your SD card, in the "install" folder. So, your SD card (root) should be install > gamename. On your Wii U with CFW running, install with WUP Installer Y mod, or something similar. That information should be in an existing tutorial already.
oh ok, but using nus grabber i placed the files on my wii u internal memory but when trying to install using wup installer ymod it said ticket file missing. this didn't happen with usb download helper. so this means usb helper gets ticket files, but nus grabber doesn't?
:
i have another question for games (which do not appear in the nintendo e shop) for example call of duty (only available on disc)
if i obtained these elsewhere i'm curious if a: the download content will be recognized by wup installer or b: will those work online.
i think you can't answer that here, maybe you could pm me. -
i've figured out everything else i need at the moment, these forums have been absolutely great.
stuck at home because of this covid nonsense, these games have been helping me pass the time (cheaply) and avoid going nuts .due to loss of income ( the government only pays part of your wage if you cannot work due to covid, as I haven't had any computer experience since about 2015 due to only using android/not being able to afford pcs' due to having children

Reactions: jeannotte

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
oh ok, but using nus grabber i placed the files on my wii u internal memory but when trying to install using wup installer ymod it said ticket file missing. this didn't happen with usb download helper. so this means usb helper gets ticket files, but nus grabber doesn't?
:
i have another question for games (which do not appear in the nintendo e shop) for example call of duty (only available on disc)
if i obtained these elsewhere i'm curious if a: the download content will be recognized by wup installer or b: will those work online.
i've figured out everything else i need at the moment, these forums have been absolutely great.
stuck at home because of this covid nonsense, these games have been helping me pass the time (cheaply) and avoid going nuts .due to loss of income ( the government only pays part of your wage if you cannot work due to covid, as I haven't had any computer experience since about 2015 due to only using android/not being able to afford pcs' due to having children
Hello,

For the Call Of Duty game, I had to use "Wud2app" to copy it to my external hard drive and I had to do it several times to make it work.

Then I was able to play online and everything works perfectly !!:yay::yayu:

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
:
I never used nus grabber, so I don't know much about how it performs. I got most of my games from FunKiiU. If the games exist on both the eShop and on disc, normally you can use a modified ticket (that's the brazilian method) that makes your console believe you're running a disc, The game would run even without CFW. FunkiiU (and probably also JNUStool) can create a forged ticket that allows the game to be installed normally, but you will need CFW to run it, since the ticket is fake.

As for games like Call of Duty that don't exist on the eShop, normally, if the game exist as a scene release in wud format, you can convert with something like DiscU 4.1b to installable files for your hard disk. If the scene release only exist as extracted content, which means 3 folders (code, content, meta), this is known as Loadiine format, and it can still be installed, but the process is more complicated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Buttocks