how do i use .elf files? ( title lister )

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by nobu-RT, Aug 30, 2009.

Aug 30, 2009
  1. nobu-RT
    OP

Newcomer nobu-RT Newbie

United States
    I have no clue how to get title lister to work as i've have putting it in the apps folder as a app. I'm trying to use title lister because star soldier R and onslaught wiiwares won't work on my wii. My wii is running version 3.2u.

Another question.
    My wii was oldschool softmodded and due to that fact i dont have bootmii or any of those protections installed. should i do a follow through from top to bottom of the sticky and resoftmod my wii and have it on 4.1u? would that fix my problems with the wiiware games. The wiiware lost winds seems to being working fine :\ and would my opera channel still work if i upgraded?

2. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    .elf files are just like .dol files

Just make sure its named boot.elf and then put inside its own folder then put that inside the apps folder and use HBC to run it

sd:\apps\titlelister\boot.elf

Not sure what the title lister program does but if the wiiware or vc game isnt working its probly because your missing an ios file thats needed for it.

Updating to 4.1 would update all your ios files so more then likely it will fix the game not working.

If you don't wanna upgrade to 4.1 then look into dop IOS program.You can run it and it will tell you what ios files you have installed and if they are the latest versions of not.It also lets you upgrade to the latest versions if you want.

3. nobu-RT
    OP

Newcomer nobu-RT Newbie

United States
    thx a bunch matt. i had no idea dop did that. title lister is a program that runs to tell me what ios's i have installed and which ones my vc or wiiware games need. if dop can update my stuff than that would be great.

another question. if i update my firmware to 4.1u it gives me the ios's needed correct? if so, when i downgrade do the ios's get deleted? because i have downgraded from 4.1u before.

4. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I dont think they get deleted,but maybe downgraded to whatever they originally were for that system menu.

Not 100% sure on that though.

Theres really no point to stay on 3.2 or even go back to it later.
    Everything can be done on 4.1 that could be done on 3.2

5. supermodchips

Member supermodchips GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Feel free to update to the latest version. By following the plentiful guides, you should retain perfect functionality.