How do I use AKAIO on R4i Gold 2.0

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Dragynbane0292, Apr 9, 2011.

Apr 9, 2011
  1. Dragynbane0292
    OP

Newcomer Dragynbane0292 Newbie

United States
    How do I use AKAIO 1.8.6 from http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t...4b35b8cc0a26080 on R4i DS Gold 2.0 from www.r4ids.com I have the thing downloaded, and I can get the AKAIO in there, but nothing loads, is there something I'm doing wrong here? I use the current AKAIO with the loader from the www.r4ids.com,

2. Buleste

Member Buleste Old Fart

United Kingdom
    The latest version AKAIO for that card is 1.8.1 so you can't use 1.8.6 (AKAIO for that card is developed separately from AKAIO for AceKArds).

3. Dragynbane0292
    OP

United States
    Ok, so the i'm stuck with old FW? dang......

on another note, do we know if that Cart is still being developed?

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    When will people stop buying R4 clones?

EDIT: To clarify, I mean R4 carts that don't have firmware updates specifically for them. Something like the R4i gold carts that have Wood for them officially is a good thing, but ones that just get a one-off port and then don't do anything else for it are terrible because people see the one-off port, buy it, and are then left stranded. :\

It seems there's no new firmware. AKAIO devs (on request from the acekard team) made a copy of 1.8.1 for some R4 carts, but then the R4 teams took that as an excuse to not develop their own shit, so now we have a bunch of clones that looked good for a whole two weeks since they could run AKAIO, but now aren't getting updates.

5. Dragynbane0292
    OP

United States
    Man, had I known this, I would have gotten a different cart.... *sigh* well, can't change the past, now can I?

6. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    Luckily new carts don't cost that much compared to a few years back. R4 DS (1:1 clone) goes for about $3 and an AK2i a bit over $10. I'd go for the AK2i, if you want just good ROM compatibility (most R4's can only offer ROM compatibility, no extra features like Anti Anti-piracy). The AK2i does have nice features all in all, but RTS and such are a no-go. Unfortunately.

-Qtis