Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
When will people stop buying R4 clones?

EDIT: To clarify, I mean R4 carts that don't have firmware updates specifically for them. Something like the R4i gold carts that have Wood for them officially is a good thing, but ones that just get a one-off port and then don't do anything else for it are terrible because people see the one-off port, buy it, and are then left stranded. :\

It seems there's no new firmware. AKAIO devs (on request from the acekard team) made a copy of 1.8.1 for some R4 carts, but then the R4 teams took that as an excuse to not develop their own shit, so now we have a bunch of clones that looked good for a whole two weeks since they could run AKAIO, but now aren't getting updates.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Dragynbane0292 said:
Man, had I known this, I would have gotten a different cart.... *sigh* well, can't change the past, now can I?

Luckily new carts don't cost that much compared to a few years back. R4 DS (1:1 clone) goes for about $3 and an AK2i a bit over $10. I'd go for the AK2i, if you want just good ROM compatibility (most R4's can only offer ROM compatibility, no extra features like Anti Anti-piracy). The AK2i does have nice features all in all, but RTS and such are a no-go. Unfortunately.

-Qtis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr