How do i use a Xbox 360 controller to my vista?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by tagzard, May 22, 2011.

1. tagzard
    OP

tagzard Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.

Banned
    Apr 28, 2010
    United States
    Chicago Illinois
    I have a few emulators and i would find it easy to use my Xbox 360 controller instead of the keyboard. So how do i do this?

2. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
  3. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ Embrace yourself

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    Last I remembered all you needed to do was just plug the controller in and it will install the divers automatically. That's all I had to do.
    Then most emulators recognize it.

4. Minox

Minox Thanks for the fish

Former Staff
    Aug 27, 2007
    Japan
    For a wired Xbox 360 controller to work in Windows Vista/7 all you have to do is to connect it to the computer. The wireless one adds a bit more work by needing a compatible receiver that needs to be plugged into the computer and then syncing your controller with the receiver.

5. EJames2100

EJames2100 GBAtemp Fan

May 9, 2008
    England
    Plug it in and it should Auto-Install, then go to Windows Update there should be an update for it, having it work via emulators and games that don't support it is a different matter but there are 3rd party programs that can map keys to buttons, I use Xpadder myself, very useful.

6. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    Done this a few months ago, was as easy as plug & play in Windows 7! Very easily done, good work Microsoft!