How do I use a separate installation of the Adobe apps?

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
I am working for a company that has given me creative cloud and now I have a problem of using Adobe apps for personal use.

They can apparently track and see what I do with them so it's not an option for me to use their account to do my work.

Is there some way I can create another installation of Adobe apps separate to this one? I need to stay logged in as well, they informed me not to log out.

Maybe a separate OS installation, dual boot Windows? Could someone help with a solution?

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
You've already suggested dual boot with a separate OS installation, but having to reboot all the time is a PITA. So you could use VmPlayer or Virtual Box to host the alternate operating system install to prevent the need to keep rebooting.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Four main approaches if dual boot is impractical (and it is, fine for games but less fine for anything vaguely in the productivity realm)

1) Virtual machine. I like virtualbox myself but plenty of others out there. Might slam the resources a bit (though modern stuff is good) and comes with the added perk of being readily backed up and transported to new machines.
2) Paravirtualisation. Normally considered a *nix only affair but there are windows options there if you are a bit more creative with the interpretation of the windows license.
3) Sandbox. Don't know how well this will work for Adobe stuff but easy enough to test I suppose. See sandboxie plus as a jumping off point here. https://sandboxie-plus.com/
4) Get another computer. "but but but I don't want two mice/monitors/keyboards..." I agree and this is why we have a KVM switch. Buy the hardware one if you can for while there are software options... somehow they work less well on a local LAN than I find but your mileage and all that https://en.softonic.com/top/virtual-kvm-software

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, don't worry atleast that video is a parody +1