Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Jintai, Oct 30, 2002.
its not working
Here is a step by step on how to upload it :
1. Find somewhere to upload it
2. Sign up there
3. Somewhere they will tell you how to use their FTP server, so grab a FTP client like CuteFTP and configure it accordingly
They will have an HTTP based File transfer system
4. Upload the picture
5. View it from the net in your browser
6. Copy+Paste the address where it is (eg. http://www.geocities.com/myfolder/mypic.jpg )
7. Come back here, in your control panel->Avatar settings, and fill in the text box that asks for the URL
8. Click apply or something like this
9. Make sure it works in the board for this purpose
10. You're done!
Ok, you have to find a place to upload it too.
1) If you have a website that allows hotlinking, you could put it on your site and put the url for the pic in the avatar section so that it appears as your avatar. I don't know of any free website hosts that allow hotlinking though(not for free anyways)
2) You could try a pic hosting site(like www.villagephotos.com). It's free, but just for 5meg worth of bandwidth. In other words, worthless for avatars, but nice for occasional pic posting. Again, there are alot of these sites probally. And you can pay to have more bandwidth.
3) Or you can do the wrong thing and steal someones pic of their site, shame on me for even thinking it.
look in the help area.. you'll find some good free host, as brinkster..
Or if you can't be arsed with that then mail me it at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll host it for you.
i use tripod but you have to rename all your pics to txt files
U should give http://www.pichost.com a go. You can store 2 images for free there...
Hey thanks i think i got it working
*Is proud to see he has helped somebody get an avatar, while he doesn't even have one... *