how do i update Sysnand when im running on emunand?

theskid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi
originally i was running sxos on sysnand and have v11 firmware there
i upgraded to emunand via hekate and run atmosphere on latest 14.1.1 firmware
is there a way to upgrade my sysnand from 11 to 14.1.1 via my emu nand and atmos so i can try online without burning the fuses,just in case i want to go back to v11 for sx os?
or is the only way to do it is to boot onto sysnand with a CFW

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's not the update that burns fuses, it's the bootloader. Boot into OFW, update, boot back with hekate after it shuts down, and never boot without fusee/hekate ever again. Safest bet might be to keep autorcm enabled, and boot stock with hekate using atmosphere package3 fss0 to do the update. This guarantees you won't accidentally boot back into OFW with the official bootloader after updating, and therefore, that you won't be burning fuses.

In theory booting in this way *shouldn't* be detectable, but you never know. I also have no idea if the official update automatically reboots after the update, or if it shuts down completely, because I've always just had autorcm on, so I wouldn't have noticed the difference. It's possible that updating through OFW without autorcm might make the console automatically reboot with official bootloader which would accidentally burn your fuses if you weren't prepared to intercept the reboot with jig + Vol-, so you might prefer to avoid the risk by booting stock with hekate.

Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.