Hacking Question How do I update my Switch and SX OS to latest version of SX OS and latest Switch firmware?

Rockstead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry I haven’t touched it in ages and while there are a lot of guides for starting from scratch, I can’t find a guide for updating existing systems.

I had not done it so long ago that I forgot everything.

When I look at my system settings on the Switch, I’m at firmware 6.2.0.

When I go in to Album, It says SX OS v2.5.2 EMUNAND.

No idea what to do next, I see over a year ago I had installed an app called ChoiDuJourNX, is that still necessary?

If you could please just highlight my next steps.

Also, Is playing online safe yet?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChoiDujourNX is the recommended way of updating to 9.1.0. Make sure you update your CFW (Atmosphere, SX OS, etc.) before doing so.

Rockstead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ChoiDujourNX is the recommended way of updating to 9.1.0. Make sure you update your CFW (Atmosphere, SX OS, etc.) before doing so.

That is the part I’m confused about.

So it seems simple enough to update SX OS
Then I have to update emunand version with ChoiDuJourNX? And I shouldn’t go higher than 9.1? Where do I get the 9.1 file?
Then what about updating the firmware on the original firmware? Should I just leave that alone?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is the part I’m confused about.

So it seems simple enough to update SX OS
Then I have to update emunand version with ChoiDuJourNX? And I shouldn’t go higher than 9.1? Where do I get the 9.1 file?
Then what about updating the firmware on the original firmware? Should I just leave that alone?
9.1.0 is the latest version. You need to find the 9.1.0 update files online. You cannot ask where to download those here.

I don't know what you use your sysNAND for, so that makes it difficult to answer your question about what to do with it. If you're using it for online play with legitimately purchased games, you should update your sysNAND normally through the system settings, not with ChoiDujourNX.

Rockstead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
9.1.0 is the latest version. You need to find the 9.1.0 update files online. You cannot ask where to download those here.

I don't know what you use your sysNAND for, so that makes it difficult to answer your question about what to do with it. If you're using it for online play with legitimately purchased games, you should update your sysNAND normally through the system settings, not with ChoiDujourNX.

I don’t play original games.

So 9.1.0 is the latest Nintendo Switch firmware?

If that’s the case, I update SX OS and then what’s the approach to update both my emuNand and sysNAND? I honestly can’t remember how to do it.

I’ve never gone online with my Switch to avoid a ban, so no idea how to proceed, or maybe I never even update my sysNAND before and not sure if I should or how, assuming I have to go online, I don’t even know how to boot to SysNAND.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t play original games.

So 9.1.0 is the latest Nintendo Switch firmware?

If that’s the case, I update SX OS and then what’s the approach to update both my emuNand and sysNAND? I honestly can’t remember how to do it.

I’ve never gone online with my Switch to avoid a ban, so no idea how to proceed, or maybe I never even update my sysNAND before and not sure if I should or how, assuming I have to go online, I don’t even know how to boot to SysNAND.
Why are you using an emuNAND?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No idea!

At the time of originally installing SX OS, someone probably recommended I do it.
First, if you aren't using your sysNAND for online play with legitimately purchased games, you probably don't need. That being said, if you aren't even touching your sysNAND, don't worry about upgrading it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool