How do I update my current version of Adrenaline to version 3.01?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by atlboyz_247, Apr 16, 2017.

1. atlboyz_247
    OP

atlboyz_247 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2008
    United States
    I installed Adrenaline during its original release, however I see that things are a bit different now that it's changed directories. Is it as simple as changing my old directory to the new spot and following the new readme?

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Yep. Just move 660.pbp to ux0:adrenaline, delete the old Adrenaline folder, then transfer the new Adrenaline version to ux0:Adrenaline and update the tai config file so it points to the plugins in that directory.

3. atlboyz_247
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2008
    United States
    What of the old pspemu folder? Is that where everything still goes as far as ISOs, Saves, homebrew, etc. content will go?

4. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Yes, that's the Vita's own PSPemu system directory, which Adrenaline also uses.

The Adrenaline folder is just where the plugins are placed to be loaded, I believe he moved it out of pspemu so you could mount the PSP's memory card to ur0 without issues.

atlboyz_247 likes this.
  5. atlboyz_247
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2008
    United States
    Sorry, but to clarify...do we really need to delete the whole folder? What about the previous install? flash0, flash1? adrenaline.bin?

6. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    All of those files would be replaced with v3 ones, so you might as well just delete them. They serve no real function beyond being the rest of the PSP's firmware that's not apart of the official emulator.