How do I update FBI.cia in my Emunand?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Bros.Life, May 28, 2016.

1. Bros.Life
    OP

Bros.Life GBAtemp Regular

Apr 12, 2015
    United States
    Apparently can be a stupid question for some of you guys, but I'm not sure how to proceed to this since I've installed FBI for the first time before setup an Emunand and CFW.

So, I don't know if I can just go to my old FBI.cia and install the new one by it. Is it gonna replace the old one or just create another? If it replaces, what's gonna happen in the process? I mean, I'll be using something to install another thing, but in the middle of the process it will replaced. This is confusing to me.

I appreciate any help. Thanks.

2. Kyojin

Kyojin #include "brain.h"

Sep 7, 2015
    France
    You can safely update FBI from within itself. It won't crash or anything, but next time you'll launch the app it will be the updated version.

P.S.: This is not the right sub-forum for the question, it would have been more appropriate for Homebrew Development and Emulators IMHO, or in the FBI thread.

3. deadf1sh

deadf1sh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2015
    France
    Did you installed it by injecting it in HS app? if so the title id will be different and it will create another FBI.
    If not, what Kyojin said.

4. Bros.Life
    OP

Bros.Life GBAtemp Regular

Apr 12, 2015
    United States
    My apologies for the wrong section.

@deadf1sh No, I didn't inject FBI in HS app. So I will follow what @Kyojin has said.

Thank you for your fast replies.

Kyojin likes this.