How Do I Uninstall Dios Mios So I Can Play GameCube Games Again?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by MisterGryphon, Oct 26, 2013.

1. MisterGryphon
    OP

MisterGryphon Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2013
    United States
    I have Dios Mios, which to the extent of my knowledge makes the Wii no longer able to load GameCube games from the disk drive. However, I never use Dios Mios and I want to play a GameCube game that I have the physical version of.

2. Clarky

Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    Download a clean mios from modmii, install it with a wad manager on your Wii, enjoy

3. JordenNixNix

JordenNixNix GBAtemp Regular

Feb 11, 2012
    Belgium
    try to download NUS downloader for your Windows pc.
    Search for MIOS in the IOS list. Download MIOS for the right region.

Grab the .wad file(s) you've got and instal it with a WAD installer into your WII.

It will overwrite Dios Mios. This could normaly fix your problem.

4. MisterGryphon
    OP

MisterGryphon Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2013
    United States
    Could you go into a tiny bit more detail?

5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    DIOS MIOS is compatible with retail GameCube discs. You should have no need for overwriting DIOS MIOS with a clean MIOS. If you still want to install a clean MIOS, I suggest you use ModMii to do it.

If you're wanting to play backup GameCube discs using a loader such as NeoGamma, then you are correct that you need to get rid of DIOS MIOS in favor of a cMIOS. Once again, use ModMii if you want to install a cMIOS.

6. MisterGryphon
    OP

MisterGryphon Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2013
    United States
    I'm sorry but I have no idea what this means.

7. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If you have DIOS MIOS installed, which you apparently do, then you should still be able to play retail GameCube discs using your Wii's disc drive. Is that not correct?

8. d.d.d.

d.d.d. GBAtemp Fan

Jun 26, 2012
    Tokyo Metropolis
    Correct AFAIK. Then again, since I ripped all my GC games, I haven't used a disc in a long time.

9. AwesomeMarioFan

AwesomeMarioFan RiiConnect24 Dev

Jun 21, 2013
    United States
    Retail GameCube games will play fine with your current configuration.
    If you want to either player GameCube backups from a disc, or simply reset your MIOS, you can grab a clean copy using NUSDownloader
    and install the .wad on your Wii. (ModMii can also be used for this purpose.)

When you install a clean version of MIOS onto your Wii, it will overwrite the previous version, the same goes with IOS's. So you can never have two versions of the same IOS number, etc.

10. MisterGryphon
    OP

MisterGryphon Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2013
    United States
    I figured it out very easily! Just put a USB stick in one of the slots. No special uninstalling, just put a USB stick in one of the slots. That's all.

11. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    I was having this same issue yesterday, I loaded up cMIOSWiiGator0.2 (made a folder named "Dios Mios Reset" to be sure where it was) and then I was able to play Splinter Cell Chaos Theory again.

Don't think I'll be activating Dios Mios for a while unless I really want (CT is a red flag on Dios Mios and I'd rather play CT).