Hacking How Do I Uninstall Dios Mios So I Can Play GameCube Games Again?

MisterGryphon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mistergryphon1.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I have Dios Mios, which to the extent of my knowledge makes the Wii no longer able to load GameCube games from the disk drive. However, I never use Dios Mios and I want to play a GameCube game that I have the physical version of.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download a clean mios from modmii, install it with a wad manager on your Wii, enjoy

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
try to download NUS downloader for your Windows pc.
Search for MIOS in the IOS list. Download MIOS for the right region.

Grab the .wad file(s) you've got and instal it with a WAD installer into your WII.

It will overwrite Dios Mios. This could normaly fix your problem.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DIOS MIOS is compatible with retail GameCube discs. You should have no need for overwriting DIOS MIOS with a clean MIOS. If you still want to install a clean MIOS, I suggest you use ModMii to do it.

If you're wanting to play backup GameCube discs using a loader such as NeoGamma, then you are correct that you need to get rid of DIOS MIOS in favor of a cMIOS. Once again, use ModMii if you want to install a cMIOS.

MisterGryphon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mistergryphon1.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
DIOS MIOS is compatible with retail GameCube discs. You should have no need for overwriting DIOS MIOS with a clean MIOS. If you still want to install a clean MIOS, I suggest you use ModMii to do it.

If you're wanting to play backup GameCube discs using a loader such as NeoGamma, then you are correct that you need to get rid of DIOS MIOS in favor of a cMIOS. Once again, use ModMii if you want to install a cMIOS.
I'm sorry but I have no idea what this means.

AwesomeMarioFan

RiiConnect24 Dev
Trophies
Website
awesomemariofan.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry but I have no idea what this means.

Retail GameCube games will play fine with your current configuration.
If you want to either player GameCube backups from a disc, or simply reset your MIOS, you can grab a clean copy using NUSDownloader
and install the .wad on your Wii. (ModMii can also be used for this purpose.)

When you install a clean version of MIOS onto your Wii, it will overwrite the previous version, the same goes with IOS's. So you can never have two versions of the same IOS number, etc.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I was having this same issue yesterday, I loaded up cMIOSWiiGator0.2 (made a folder named "Dios Mios Reset" to be sure where it was) and then I was able to play Splinter Cell Chaos Theory again.

Don't think I'll be activating Dios Mios for a while unless I really want (CT is a red flag on Dios Mios and I'd rather play CT).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a