Hacking How Do I unhack my softmodded wii 4.0E official

Causton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How do I unhack my wii 4.0 europe official nintendo update? I don't wanna brick it, are there any solutions? I have homebrew channel and backup loader, should I update it to 4.1E official nintendo update? Oh and can I have a fast response please?

Thanks

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
System Menu 4.1 was rushed out as a quick fix for the MotionPlus video issue with Wii Sports Resort. It's basically System Menu 4.0 with a new version number.

In other words, it won't harm you to update the Menu.

Causton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I'm gonna unhack it, but should I delete the homebrew channel, backup loader and the illegal wads I have then update? The reason I am saying this is that your info conflicts with this:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...24181041AAXg92k

I am worried about it and really don't wanna brick it, any ideas? And can someone confirm it will work and unhack my wii?

If you can give me steps to get it to unhack then that would be brilliant.

Oh and if I do unhack it like you say, will I be safe for any future updates?

Thanks!

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
official ninty Updates will nver brick ur wii. That guy that ansswerdd on yahoo was an idiot

no I don't think it will "unhack" anything either. It may remove preloader , system menu hacks, themes, and cioscorps, but what u have will stay

here is a guide looks dangerous though wouldn't attempt unless u have bootmii as boot 2 with NAND backup.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=133557

kingofsnake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You are on 4.0E, updating to 4.1E will not "unhack" your Wii. Removing HBC and other wad installs will still leave traces. Why would you want to unhack, no updates so far have bricked a Wii, only disabled HBC and stuff for a while untill a workaround is found.

rookrook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys i had a wii on 3.2 e modded with softmii2.1.1 i sold it and the guy has upgraded to4.1e what will i have lost and what can i recover i had just normal zelda /upgrade with preloader 2.9 installed any help would be great

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
supagusti said:
Why do you want you "unhack" your Wii?

jabmaster2 said:
official ninty Updates will nver brick ur wii. That guy that ansswerdd on yahoo was an idiot

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=133557

Don't be to quick with your statements: check out this thread, and you will see that under certain circumstances N.updates can also lead to a full brick!

that thread is for people updating through a disk not through online update. The thread guy was talking bout on yahoo said if you have homebrew channel and a backup launcher updateing will brick your wii. Like I said that is an idiotic statement.Doing tahr will nvr brick ur wii. I never said anything bout updating with modchip and though a disk.Anyways anything u do is at ur own
risk but what he wants to do is safe I was just saying what the guy said on yahoo was way off

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Updating won't "unhack" anything. The only thing it will remove is CIOSCORP and preloader and any system menu themes if you installed any of those. Your HBC, installed wads, backup launcher, cIOS will all still be intact. Deleting those things through data management will not get rid of the tickets the channels install on the Wii so you would need to remove your channels with wad manager using the same wads you used to install them to begin with (DON'T UNINSTALL ANY IOS'S YOU INSTALLED THROUGH THIS, ONLY VC GAMES AND CHANNELS). To remove your cIOS I think there is an app called cIOS uninstaller, or you can use anytitledeleter to delete IOS249 (and ONLY that IOS, NOTHING ELSE). The HBC of course should be the last thing you remove and if you don't have the wad for it, then you need to use anytitledeleter to remove the HAXX ticket.

That should pretty much remove anything you did. Though I don't really suggest it as there really aren't many good reasons to "unhack" a Wii, and not really knowing exactly what you're doing to do it is the biggest brick risk you can take.

azeazezar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It all depends on what you installed.
Did you install bootmii?
As boot2?
Did you make a backup of your nand?
If you awnser yes to all above questions, your wii is impossible to brick.
Also, did you (un)instal any ios?
As long as you dont install pirated wads/downgrade/mess with nintendo ios ,you have nothing to fear from nintendo updates. Not even in theory.
Besides, bricking wii's would be illigal for nintendo to do. So they wont.
All they can and wil do is try to make it impossible to hack updated wii's and try to remove homebrew.
Untill now unsuccesfully.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oops_ur_dead said:
Actually, BootMii/boot2 Wiis are very easy to brick. Just install a corrupt boot2 WAD...

That has nothing to do with having bootmii or not and anyone stupid enough to try something like that deserves a brick. Can wad manager even touch the boot2 sector in the first place anyways?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo