How do I Unbrick my 3ds?

Jar5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I have a new 3ds xl that my brother tried to mod back in 2017 or 2018 anyways he didn’t do it correctly lost all forms of back up and now all it does is boot up and say “An error has occurred: Failed to mount CTRNAND press any button to shutdown”. This is old version of hourglass 9 it is v1.35 so any videos or posts aren’t really the same so they are difficult to follow. Does anyone know if it is possible to unbrick? I’ve attached pictures of what screens of what happens when I turn it on while pressing start and while pressing select. Any help would be very appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 156
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 120

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I have a new 3ds xl that my brother tried to mod back in 2017 or 2018 anyways he didn’t do it correctly lost all forms of back up and now all it does is boot up and say “An error has occurred: Failed to mount CTRNAND press any button to shutdown”. This is old version of hourglass 9 it is v1.35 so any videos or posts aren’t really the same so they are difficult to follow. Does anyone know if it is possible to unbrick? I’ve attached pictures of what screens of what happens when I turn it on while pressing start and while pressing select. Any help would be very appreciated
you're on a very low luma. you need to install b9s, so look at the website provided and check "upgrading from a9lh to b9s."

Reactions: CoolMe

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First youre going to want to try formatting a new sd card. fat32 32kbs clusters. You are also going to want the 7.0.5 luma.bin file from https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/releases?page=2 and extract arm9loaderhax.bin to your sd card

Reactions: CoolMe

Jar5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how would I go upon formatting a new sd card? Do I just buy a new one and Insert it to 3ds? And what’s the min or max the sd card should be storage wise?
if you dont have anything of importance on the one you have. You can use Guiformat with that card. Yes, it will delete everything on it. So make sure you dont mind. https://3ds.hacks.guide/formatting-sd-(windows).html

Jar5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.