How do I transfer SD cards- The Easiest way that does not require me to run an exe file.

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by richardparker, Jan 29, 2016.

1. richardparker
    OP

richardparker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 10, 2014
    India
    Swallowed up by the ocean!
    I have a 4gb sd card in my o3ds 9.2 with cfw (rxtools and hbl) and i want to transfer it to another sd card of 128 gb including that emunand thingy. What is the EASIEST way to do so in one go that does not require me to run exe files as i only have a tab. I tried googling and searching but there was a lot of stuff i didn't understand like fat32 etc. I am a noob of the highest order who doesn't understand anything in brief.
    Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience that this may case any one.

2. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Knight of Void

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Land of Darkness and Bounty
    You need to use EmuNAND Tool if you plan on transferring to a larger SD. You can't do it without a PC. Ask a friend if you don't have one.

3. Sirius64

Sirius64 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    By "Tab" I'll assume you mean a tablet. Should I also assume that you're running Android?

If you want a full disk backup, with emuNAND and everything, I don't think you'll be able to do it with the tablet alone. If you just want to backup the files, or copy your Fat32 partition, it's possible on paper, but I've never had much luck with resizing partitions on Android.

If you are the noob you claim to be, doing anything like this in Android is going to be an absolute ordeal, even if it is possible. You don't need Windows for this, any computer will do. Surely you know someone who has one.
    Any program that can make a full disk image will carry over the EmuNAND, as well.