How Do I Transfer Pokemon from BW2 to SuMo?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Tgaming548, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Tgaming548
    OP

Tgaming548 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2016
    United States
    I have a n3DS on 11.5, latest Luma, latest b9s. I want to take my Pokemon from my Black 2 save and transfer it to Sun and Moon. I don’t have Poketransporter, and don’t want to shell out 5 bucks just to copy a few Pokemon. I’m thinking that I could somehow backup the DS save and Sun save and use PKHex to transfer the Pokemon that way. Would that work? Is getting the save as easy as JKSM or do I need special homebrew? Thanks.

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Use TWLSaveTool to get the save file from the DS game, see if you can get your Pokemon from the save by opening the save file in Pkhex, then use Pkhex to transfer the Pokemon to your SuMo copy by getting the save file from SuMo with JKSM.

Tgaming548 and RustInPeace like this.
  3. SoslanVanWieren

SoslanVanWieren GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2017
    Australia
    You need pokebank anyway to use twl save tool with out cfw so it defeats the purpose

4. Trainiax

Trainiax Certified Genius

Jun 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth
    He said he has Luma CFW.

5. fowler002

fowler002 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2013
    Don't be such a cheapskate.
    Also I don't think you can go from bw2 to sumo, you have to use xy as an intermediary(bw2 >poketransporter>xy>pokebank>sumo)

6. Trainiax

Trainiax Certified Genius

Jun 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth
    With PKHeX you can. Export the PK5 file with PKHeX, then load into PKHeX Sun and it should convert to PK7

7. SoslanVanWieren

Feb 6, 2017
    Australia
    yeah but this won't work when Pokemon switch comes so i'd get poke bank anyways since i don't think the switch will be hacked in time or you will need and older firmware to hack it

8. Tgaming548
    OP

Jan 30, 2016
    United States
    Actually, the Switch has been hacked way faster than usual. Also, by the time I get Pokemon Switch, I’ll probably have a way to easily pay for Bank/Transporter, if it’s even necessary.

9. SoslanVanWieren

Feb 6, 2017
    Australia
    idk why you can't pay for it its cheap just get a nintedo eshop card

10. Tgaming548
    OP

Jan 30, 2016
    United States
    Because I have no job XD
    Besides, it was free in the older gens, and I’m not using the Bank feature. Save transfers don’t require servers, and that’s what the membership is paying for: the servers. I’m not impeding on their profits by transferring some save data as long as I don’t use the Pokebank servers.

11. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    Normally I would go with the Bank option, but lately I've been RNGing a lot through emulator and don't want to go through Pal Park in Gen 4 and that ridiculous Transfer game in Gen 5, the PKHex method is better. I just wish PKSM supported Bank storage for the older gen games.

12. Alex4U

Alex4U I ssssssssee you

Jan 6, 2016
    Mexico
    with Snivy, Mystery Zone (Adress 0x00)
    You just could use PkHex to extract your 5th Gen Pokémon and transfer it to Pokémon SuMo.
    (this includes save extraction tho)

13. SoslanVanWieren

Feb 6, 2017
    Australia
    so you don't get any gift money i assume

Last edited by SoslanVanWieren, Aug 12, 2017