Hacking How do I transfer a save from a rom onto a legit?

Chrono72090

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way for me to play Pokemon D/P on my G6 Lite and transfer the save to a legit copy of the game? I've heard this is possible, but if someone could tell me how to do this and not screw up my save, that would be great
biggrin.gif

Thank you.

Also, if you upgrade the firmware past 4.7, the pokemon saves won't get corrupted, correct?

corbs132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup, put the legit in slot 1, lite in slot 2. hit select on the rom and hit transfer to cartridge or something like that. i lost my nds recently so i cant get it right now, sry.

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the second....I THINK.

Well it makes sense in terms of:
Default=the default save on the cart
DS Card= the save on the DS card

hobocop

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone gotten this to work? I've been trying to restore the save for Default -> DS Card, but the save doesn't show up.

More specifically, I'm trying to restore my Pokemon Pearl save to the cart that I bought.

baramos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes i have gotten it to work took me about 10 mins basically you gotta format the d/p cart it self from within the game click new game and theyll give you the button combination then after thats done turn off ds then do the default to ds card thing with the g6.seems to have something to do with the backup flash chip within the card not being written when you transfer the save from what i can tell there are 2 in the card it self one for main saving one for backing up saves and if the backup doesnt recconize the main it thinks its corrupt thats also why you have to format it within the game and not with the g6 i think just guessing.

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Baramos!!! YOU ARE THE WINNER!!!

IT works, It works, la la la!

I tried exactly as you said. Format the save from within the DS cart. Then, write it over using the G6 utility. IT'll look like it froze but you just need to wait like 5 mins and then turn it off and on.

And Bingo!

I'm going to see if my friend code changed...

IT didn't. Aah I can't register other friends in pal pad.... Any suggestions?

Kamakazie

Trophies
Website
www.kamakazie.net
XP
Country
United States
Just to be clear, how exactly are we formatting the retail cart? Just start a new game and it gives you what button combination? Sorry I'm not completely understanding what needs to be done :X

Also, I have a jp version of the G6 Lite - which option is the Default -> DS (how many options down from the top one?)

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, okay, I'm an idiot.

It turns out the friend code I was entering in was wrong, not mine. So I've been able to connect online, but I haven't actually battled or traded online yet. It looks like this is flawless.

@Kamakazie

Okay so at the title screen (The screen with Diagala or Palkia and it says press start) hold "Up + Select + B" A blue screen will come up on the top screen. Follow the prompts to erase all data. It'll take a bit so just wait and it will bring you back to the title screen. Then you can turn it off, and rewrite the save!

Oh, also, the Default--> DS is the 7th option. Well here's all of them for reference

Default-->1
Default-->2
1-->Default
2-->Default
SRAM-->Default
DS Card->Default
Default-> DS Card
Format DS Card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users