How do I take this apart?

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Look at the top of the heatsink. There you will see 2 levers. Flip those in the opposite direction. Try lifting the heatsink as straight up as possible. As you never know if the cpu still is'nt glued to the heatsink plate. You dont wanna bend or brake those pins on the cpu.

When you have removed the heatsink. look at the socket. There you will see another lever. This lever locks the cpu in the socket ( hopefully). Just raise this, and take out the cpu.

Otherwise consult user manual?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I remember I opened one of these things... Just try the two whitey things. Pull them up with a LOT of strenght. I remember these things were pretty stubborn to remove. After that, you should feel that something has loosened. After this, open with your hands some of the lower black clamps (the two on one side should suffice), and it should come away.

Chotaz

I'm back! :D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Look at the top of the heatsink. There you will see 2 levers. Flip those in the opposite direction. Try lifting the heatsink as straight up as possible. As you never know if the cpu still is'nt glued to the heatsink plate. You dont wanna bend or brake those pins on the cpu.

When you have removed the heatsink. look at the socket. There you will see another lever. This lever locks the cpu in the socket ( hopefully). Just raise this, and take out the cpu.

Otherwise consult user manual?

no screws on it, no info bout it on user manul, thanks the same =)

QUOTE(raulpica @ Feb 15 2008, 12:08 AM)I remember I opened one of these things... Just try the two whitey things. Pull them up with a LOT of strenght. I remember these things were pretty stubborn to remove. After that, you should feel that something has loosened. After this, open with your hands some of the lower black clamps (the two on one side should suffice), and it should come away.

tbh, the white thigns came out pretty easy, but i just cant pull it out and im afraid to break it :\
and soryr i dont get the 'bolded' step :\

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I remember I opened one of these things... Just try the two whitey things. Pull them up with a LOT of strenght. I remember these things were pretty stubborn to remove. After that, you should feel that something has loosened. After this, open with your hands some of the lower black clamps (the two on one side should suffice), and it should come away.

tbh, the white thigns came out pretty easy, but i just cant pull it out and im afraid to break it :\
and soryr i dont get the 'bolded' step :\
Yeah, I remember something like this... There's no other way, you have to overcome the fear of breaking it, otherwise it will never come away
tongue.gif

Be sure to gently remove the lower clamps from the lower black piece (the one directly under the processor), I remember they came away pretty easily. You just have to bend them a little with your fingers to free the clamps. After that, just lower your processor on the opposite side and the other two clamps should came away with the fan block.

BTW, there's almost NO risk of damaging the processor, as is solidly locked under it. The worst that could happen is that you have to buy another fan block
rofl2.gif

Chotaz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FUCK YEAH!!!!

thanks for helping me guys, spec u raul, i got it off
smile.gif
, now i need to find the screws so i can clean the interior of it =)

edit: no screws, i found another clapms and took the rest out, finally i can clean this shit, i formatted the computer 2 days ago, and still with only kaspersky and utorrent, it was lagging running maplestory -.-' and lagging a lot, always restarting with over tempreture error, and now finally i can clean it up =), and i learnt wath the word clamp means xD

Chotaz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i hope that clean this mess up helps me with my lagging and overtempreture error, because, ive placed the PC near the window without lateral and everytime i started it i ahd an overtempreture :\

Chotaz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i just formatted my 2 new hdd, and ive got 512mb ram, with only anti-virus,basic system stuff + maplestory doesnt evne consume half of the memory i have :\

Chotaz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ill let the desktop open, i need to get some sleep, ill get up earlier tomorrow and clean the PC, then ill feedback the results

*sorry for the double posting :\

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum