How do i take out a game that's stuck in the case?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by sodaddict, Nov 2, 2016.

1. sodaddict
    OP

sodaddict GBAtemp Regular

Mar 18, 2016
    I have a very old ancient copy of Star Wars Republic Commando on the Xbox, and it seems to be stuck in the case. The disc stud that holds the disc seema to be in a very thick X shape, because of that the disc is stuck in there good, i tried to push down the stud but it's not a push down, i try to use force but i dont want the disc to snap.
    How do i get this disc out of the case?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Can you rotate the disc at all? Sometimes just a few degrees will sort it. Beyond that What about drilling a hole in the middle of it? If it is of a reasonable size it tends to reduce the strength of the stud to a lot less than it was.

3. sodaddict
    OP

sodaddict GBAtemp Regular

Mar 18, 2016
    I managed to fix it.
    Turns out on these old Xbox cases you have to slide your finger under the disc from the pick-up sides and it comes right off.
    The disc was already violently scratched years ago and won't play well on my Xbox, i'm just gonna buy it off cheaply on GOG.com.
    Thank you so much for the help though.

4. Gizametalman

Gizametalman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 18, 2015
    Mexico
    D.F. - Zona Cero.
    [​IMG]

Hammer time!
    Dun dun dun dun... dun dun... dun dun.
    Dun dun dun dun... dun dun... dun dun.

5. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    So erm... Is this thread for real? I mean...I get some gamers are rather noobish, but this has to be a record (no offence, but come on... Should we lobby that game developers put a 'how to get the game out of the box' in their manual?).

Sakitoshi likes this.