How do I take 3ds games off of my sd card without deleting them?

Fresh_Guy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to take games off of my sd card to make space for others without deleting them from my 2ds, how do I do this?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to take games off of my sd card to make space for others without deleting them from my 2ds, how do I do this?
You mean how to delete the .Cia game files after installing them? FBI gives you the option to do that when you first choose to install something, says "delete file after install",nevertheless you can delete them any time you want in either FBI or 3DShell, just go to the cias folder and choose which one you want to delete.

Fresh_Guy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean how to delete the .Cia game files after installing them? FBI gives you the option to do that when you first choose to install something, says "delete file after install",nevertheless you can delete them any time you want in either FBI or 3DShell, just go to the cias folder and choose which one you want to delete.
I mean after i install and delete it, how do I move the game off of the sd card and onto my computer?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean after i install and delete it, how do I move the game off of the sd card and onto my computer?

You would have to figure out which files belong to each games, it is easier if you just keep cia files if you want to reinstall or get a larger SD card if storage is a problem.

Reactions: CoolMe

kaiiela

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes there is and it won't affect anything.

Path= DRIVE:\Nintendo 3DS\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\title\00040000\

ex:
00040000\0017ba00 = Bravely Second - End Layer

(0004000e & 0004008c are patches and dlc's)

- I used to do this sometimes when I had a smaller sd card way back. It's very useful for trying out new stuff without the hassle of uninstalling and reinstalling.

Enjoy.

Reactions: Satangel

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I do this a ton so I won't have to reinstall large games (eg: Ultra Moon), since installing needs double the space available (for .cia and for the actual game).

First go here and find the game ID you want to backup (under "titleid"): http://www.3dsdb.com/

Then go to your SD card and go root→"Nintendo 3DS"→ID0 (long string of numbers+letters)→ID1 (same)→"title", then in there the 00040000 folder is the installed games, the others are installed updates, installed DLC and special stuff. Move the folder corresponding to the game from 00040000 to your PC and when you want it again, just move it back there.

For example 00040000→000b1d00 is Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (EU). The 00040000 part is called high ID, the other is low ID, together they make up the game ID.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: