Gaming How do I set up 3D with Dolphin Emulator?

philip11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Windows 7 64 Bit with Nvdia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 and I want to play gamecube games in 3D with red/cyan glasses how would I go about doing this?

bRKcRE

Trophies
XP
Country
I have Windows 7 64 Bit with Nvdia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 and I want to play gamecube games in 3D with red/cyan glasses how would I go about doing this?

even if it were possible, the 6150se is not a very good 3d card at all. iirc, it is intergrated, and is at the bottom end of the nvidia 6xxx series..

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
OH GOD NO. I had a PC like this, (I assume you have an HP Slimline?) and it played GC games like shit. I would recommend just staying away from GC emulation and stick with PS1 and lower.

However, if you really want to do so I believe Dolphin has an option to play certain games in 3D (as Kirov said). I'm not sure exactly how many games work well or even work with it, though.

philip11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH GOD NO. I had a PC like this, (I assume you have an HP Slimline?) and it played GC games like shit. I would recommend just staying away from GC emulation and stick with PS1 and lower.

However, if you really want to do so I believe Dolphin has an option to play certain games in 3D (as Kirov said). I'm not sure exactly how many games work well or even work with it, though.
It's not a HP Slimline it's a AMD duel core with 4 gigs of RAM it should run GC game fine... I think

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Go to the NVIDIA control panel or whatever you call it, set up 3d Vision Discover and turn Stereoscopic 3d on.

Open Dolphin, go to the graphics settings and set it so that it launches in fullscreen and tick the 3d vision checkbox.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

It's not a HP Slimline it's a AMD duel core with 4 gigs of RAM it should run GC game fine... I think
HP Slimline is the model of PC you have, not the processor. I can guarantee you won't be playing many GC games any time soon, as I had a PC JUST LIKE THAT and I couldn't. It's the GPU that kills you, it's onboard, old, and you can't upgrade unless you get a new PSU (the size of which only goes up to 300-350W, meaning you'd need to upgrade to a bigger case as well). I know, I used to want to do that pretty badly. IMO you should sell that hunk of junk and build your own PC.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Anything less than 3,0GHZ Dual Core, 1000mhz BUS, a relatively decent (a.k.a either AMD or NVIDIA *not 6xxx series*) not having some cool features like OpenCL won't even run games at 40FPS.

Reactions: 1 person

Kyohack

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pokecheats.net
XP
Country
United States
Regardless of in-game quality, Dolphin will work on just about any processor that supports the SSE2 instruction set. Yours supports this, so you'll be able to run Dolphin.

There are two methods of playing games in 3D on Dolphin. The first method, is to use nvidia 3D vision (which is simply a checkbox in Dolphin settings). However, nvidia 3D vision will only work on newer cards, specifically the GTX line (for actively rendered 3D used in games, you would need a GTX 400 series or higher GPU). Since you don't have that, you'll need to use the other method, which is Dolphin's post processing shader. In the graphical options, you should see a drop-down list with several shaders to choose from.

philip11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

HP Slimline is the model of PC you have, not the processor. I can guarantee you won't be playing many GC games any time soon, as I had a PC JUST LIKE THAT and I couldn't. It's the GPU that kills you, it's onboard, old, and you can't upgrade unless you get a new PSU (the size of which only goes up to 300-350W, meaning you'd need to upgrade to a bigger case as well). I know, I used to want to do that pretty badly. IMO you should sell that hunk of junk and build your own PC.
I know the Processor is not HP and my PC is eMachines

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

I know the Processor is not HP and my PC is eMachines
Same thing, really. It appears to have the same specs as an old one I had; and HP Slimline. Whether it's different or not everything I said still applies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/