Hacking Question How do i safely upgrade sysnand from 5.10 with 8 burnt fuses?

POONpirate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to use emummc for my dirty cfw backup (on v 6.2 currently) and i want to restore my clean backup (v 5.10) but i have 8 fuses burnt. So my question would how to upgrade my sysnand to where i can boot without to bl panic from too many burnt fuses. Do i just boot ofw through hekate and update like that or do I choidojour the backup before restore? My assumption would be restoring the clean nand and booting ofw with hekate but is this safe?

PHiLiPZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
If you have 8 burnt fuses you must have used 6.2.0 ofw. If you used it online and will try to update online again Nintendo will know you downgraded. I guess your safest bet would be to hekate the old clean nand and update offline from game cartridge or with choidujour nx.

POONpirate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah my fw is on 6.2 but is "dirty" as I've been using atmosphere and sx. I've been offline with it since i was on 5.1 but updated to 6.2 with choidojournx for themes since i didn't really care about the fuses since I was already on 5.1 and past past the fuze requirement for warmboot. I didn't really think about how i couldn't update online after using hekate to boot my clean 5.1 dump... I coudn't really find any infomation about what cart would have a 6.2+ update so I suppose I'm going to restore the clean 5.1 and update with choidojournx again. Thanks for the advice.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best bet is to make your emunand, copy over your files, then use hacdisktool to mount your emmc and do the sys/save/user wipe trick to force the reinitialization of your sysnand, then do a safe mode format after that. That worked for me and I'm online with my sysnand now and use my emunand for uh... homebrew >_>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte