Hacking How do I run homebrew, backups, and DVD-Rs (mplayer)?

riahc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey

How do I run homebrew, backups, and DVD-Rs? Im not a noob as Ive followed several guides such as http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wii/WiiHowToGamma.html but still nothing. When I try to downgrade, it fails when starting up the network and/or it trys to find a wad that doesnt exist (Ive tried coping and pasting the .wad that was in the WADs folder into the ISO down/upgrader, changing its name to exactly what it says and nothing. Still fails) Any fail-proof zip file and its guide?

The only thing have Ive done is install The Homebrew Channel.

Thanks alot.

riahc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
Don't say you're not a noob if you can't troubleshoot you own problems by looking at a sticky or using common sense.

You are a noob.
So you were born with all the knowledge solve your own problems? I said Ive already looked at the stickies and read guides.

You must be a noob at reading.

Phratt said:
Do you have internet? If you don't have wifi, thats the problem.
Ah thank you I forgot to mention this.
I dont have internet on the Wii. The thing is Ive already softmodded and got it to work (homebrews, backups and DVD-Rs (mplayer)) on a 3.3 but can't seem to do it on a 3.4.

QUOTE(pebls123 @ Feb 8 2009, 09:56 PM)
Try Softmii that comes with everything you need for backups/homebrew and has a very easy to follow guide
Softmii....Thats something that slipped my mind. Ill search and try it out and give some feedback. Thanks!

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm not sure of what your doing but if you want your wii back to 3.2 then you are going need intenet or ask someone on the fourms for the 3.2 wad (well PM the person who has it i mean) and i forget who so...

riahc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Softmii says I need a internet connection which is impossible.
And like I said, it seems impossible to downgrade but I guess Ill search for another guide...

QUOTE said:
i'm not sure of what your doing but if you want your wii back to 3.2 then you are going need intenet or ask someone on the fourms for the 3.2 wad (well PM the person who has it i mean) and i forget who so...
Do you have a file name so I can search it on Google?

riahc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace said:
ciocorps but make SURE YOUR WII IS AT 3.2 WHEN YOU DO THIS!! cause no one is responale for bricks other then you. as smokey the bear would say only you can prevent forest fires!! but replace forest fires with bricks

here's the file name to search again BTW

CIOCORPS.

god dang it i'm sure an idiot...

it's called any region changer... sorry i was thinking of something else.
Ok what?

Erase what you didnt mean and post what you did mean. Dont talk to yourself in posts.

D

Deleted User

riahc3, you are a noob, stop pretending that you aren't.

Vouched for most fail thread.

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
riahc3 said:
Hey

How do I run homebrew, backups, and DVD-Rs? Im not a noob as Ive followed several guides such as http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wii/WiiHowToGamma.html but still nothing. When I try to downgrade, it fails when starting up the network and/or it trys to find a wad that doesnt exist (Ive tried coping and pasting the .wad that was in the WADs folder into the ISO down/upgrader, changing its name to exactly what it says and nothing. Still fails) Any fail-proof zip file and its guide?

The only thing have Ive done is install The Homebrew Channel.

Thanks alot.

no,your not a noob
noob doesnt fit you

YOUR THE NOOBEST

riahc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I search for a specific problem?
How the fuck am I a noob if Ive done this before on a 3.2? Are some of you retarded or something? Man some of you dont know how to read...
games2007 - Thanks but Im not a youtube sorta person; A written guide is more my stuff.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to give more info. Do you have HBC installed? Do you have the WAD Manager made to work on a 3.4 (WAD Manager Custom IOS16). You already stated you don't have the internet, so that's good. This type of info will give a more direct way of solving your problem.

riahc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jinxvorheeze said:
You have to give more info. Do you have HBC installed? Do you have the WAD Manager made to work on a 3.4 (WAD Manager Custom IOS16). You already stated you don't have the internet, so that's good. This type of info will give a more direct way of solving your problem.
Finally a helpful post. Thank you very much
smile.gif

And my apoligies for not giving more info.

The HBC is installed and working.
This second question I dont understand too well: I have WAD Manager and I tried to install the WADs listed. I believe they gave a -1 error if that is possible so It is possible that I do NOT have WAD Manager Custom IOS16 which in this case
1: I cannot seem to install any IOS as they all fail/give a error
2: Where/how can I know about WAD Manager Custom IOS16?

gadgeteduk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry i posted a link for you to try but it was for 3.3 .have you tryed searching google for "downgrade wii 3.4 without internet connection "

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...