Homebrew How do I rip firmware from my NDS?

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What homebrew app would I use to rip firmware from my ds for use on desmume? And would I be able to rip the DS firmware from a 3ds that is running in ds mode?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Only idiot users wouldn't know about it. But then again... it's found by simply searching nds firmware dumper :/... so I don't know what the OP is having trouble finding . You could dump the ds mode firmware if you want but I doubt that would be of any use

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An alternative method, especially if you have slot-2 RAM, is to use DSLinux. The firmware is readable but you cannot write to it, for good reason. You'd "cat" the firmware to the screen and ">" output it to a file on your memory card. For the BIOS, you'd have to use a tool linked by someone else earlier in this thread.

More than likely, all these methods only work on a DS/DSLite, no clue about DSi / DSi XL / 3DS.

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, i was googling "Rip Nintendo DS firmware" not "Dump NDS firmware"

That would explain why i couldn't find anything.

And i need to rip my own firmware so I can go on wifi from desmume. Using a downloaded firmware means someone is likely also on wifi using that firmware, meaning I can't get online with it.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, that'd do it. Glad you got it sorted out. Not gonna lie, it's kinda awesome to have the firmware and BIOS files available to see my name showing up when starting a game in no$gba, hehe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.