How do I restore my Wii to factory setting after soft mod.

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Jake Rian, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Jake Rian
    OP

Jake Rian Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2015
    United States
    I'm kinda a noob of softmodding the Wii. I was wondering if there was any way to restore the Wii to factory settings, meaning deleting EVERYTHING that I installed from homebrew and softmodding, and starting fresh. I didn't do too much, I just installed bootmii as an IOS, installed the Homebrew Channel, USB Loader GX, Priiloader, and the iOS'. Is there a simple way to revert everything back to normal, and delete everything, and restart to factory settings?

I'm running a Wii model RVL-101 (The one without the GameCube compatability ;(), on 4.3U

2. Ricken

Ricken So long, and goodnite / So long, not goodnite

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Shibuya, The small one from Vegas
    answer: theres an option in system settings

3. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    You won't likely be able to remove absolutely everything but the reset in the settings will get it to stock. I would remove extras like Priiloader first, though.

Before you do that, what do you think is wrong? It might be easier just to run a syscheck and go from where you are.

Ricken likes this.
  4. Jake Rian
    OP

Jake Rian Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2015
    United States
    I might've screwed up the installation of a CIOS, while using d2x and WIIMOD

5. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Unless you installed it in a slot below 200 it doesn't matter. You can use the same WAD to remove it again or just leave it if you don't need it.

6. Jake Rian
    OP

Jake Rian Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2015
    United States
    Also, I can only install BootMii as an IOS, and not boot2, meaning I can't boot up bootmii when the Wii turns on. This concerns me, as I have a Wii with no GameCube ports, and to Unbrick a Wii, using IOS bootmii, I need to preform the Konami code. This is a bit difficult because the only other controls I can use are on the Wii itself, and it can only move left, right and select. The Konami code is up up down down left right B, A and start. So how can I do this without a GameCube controller.