1. wolfidroid

OP wolfidroid Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Israel
    I Cannot find anything that can do this(A Hard mod might work but i don't want to solder wires to my dsi nand.).

2. Itzumi

Itzumi tinkerer

United States
    Current software methods of restoring a dsi nand are too risky to be useful right now. Hardmod night be the only real reliableish option.

3. Sha8q

Sha8q pls help

Jamaica
    Easy, just use https://github.com/Nuck-TH/fwTool/releases to restore it. Trust me, nobody is going to hardmod their DSi to restore a NAND backup once. Restoring your NAND should not harm your DSi at all. To anyone that wants to challenge my statement, go ahead ;)

4. Trash_Bandatcoot

Trash_Bandatcoot Your Local Random Internet Geek

Netherlands
    I don't see a "restore" function. Where is it?
    Nevermind. Have you ever tried restoring?

5. Sha8q

Sha8q pls help

Jamaica
    Well, not with the safety version but yeah.

6. SaferLoom

SaferLoom Newbie
    Newcomer

Uruguay
    Sha8q, i have fwtools and a nand backup, but i can't see option to restore. Maybe i need put the nand in a specific directory. Please help me, and thanks in advance.

7. Sha8q

Sha8q pls help

Jamaica
    Latest FWTools removed the feature. You'll have to get an older version to do it. (be smart with restoring your NAND images!)

8. KazEz

KazEz Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    well, now im using a fwtools 1.6 but it give me error: failure creating nand_dsi.bin
    Sorry im talking this in 2020

9. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina

Germany
    Check these:
    • SD write protected?
    • File system corruption? Or SD bad [use F3, F3X or h2testw to verify a freshly formatted SD]
    • No enough free space?
    Can fwtool 2.0 create a NAND image on your? (You really should be using fwtool 2.0 backing up the NAND anyway).

Good luck and have fun!

alexander1970 and banjo2 like this.
  10. KazEz

KazEz Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    ok im gonna try it

11. KazEz

KazEz Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
  12. maorninja

maorninja GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Why do you want to restore a NAND backup?

13. wolfidroid

OP wolfidroid Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Israel
    I don`t remember, this post is from 2 years ago.

14. KazEz

KazEz Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    due to make my ds can make more photo,

15. Pluto40

Pluto40 Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    hello i have backed up my NAND on my DSI using a of FWtools with the option [backup DSI NAND]

after this I installed Unlauncher and realized that I wanted my DSI back to normal
    will restoring a NAND do so and remove unlauncher?
    will restoring NAND possibly brick my system?
    will restoring NAND delete DSi ware and personal photos?

I have installed a new version of FWtools DS(i) firmware tool 1.6.1 and it has options dump nand_dsi.bin
    and Restore nand_dsi.bin

the nand that I have backed up is nand.bin will this work or is it different to a dump?

Help me pls im very sad this dsi has a lot of memories and I would like it if somebody helped me (╥﹏╥)

Thank You

16. KazEz

KazEz Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    if you uninstall the unlauncher 1.5 / up, it can be brick your dsi / not brick your dsi, i uninstall my unlauncher, it works (you need unlauncher installer)

17. Pluto40

Pluto40 Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    how did you do it

18. KleinesSinchen

Germany
    "after this I installed Unlauncher and realized that I wanted my DSI back to normal"
    "Help me pls im very sad this dsi has a lot of memories and I would like it if somebody helped me"

Why modify a console that you have some kind of "relation" to only to undo the modification? I don't have to understand this; but okay.

Restoring a NAND image…
    • … without unlaunch will remove unlaunch
    • … will revert everything to the previous state (installed DSiWare on NAND, games saves, photos)
    • :!: CAN brick a DSi.
      • For various reasons it is dangerous. If the process is interrupted (crash, power failure) or the image is bad (corrupted, wrong image, badly modified…) this WILL brick the DSi. On 2|3DS safe NAND restore preserving the B9S exploit is no problem. Even if the restore fails one can try again, use another image or rebuild the complete OS with CTRTransfer Type D9. There is nothing comparable to this on DSi. In case of bad flash only a hardmod can save the console.
      • I often read the hardware (NAND chip) in DSi is poor quality and could fail after a few write cycles. I neither can confirm nor deny this.
    • …to remove unlaunch is "overkill".
      • There is no benefit in removing unlaunch. If you still want to remove it: Please use the uninstall option in the unlaunch installer instead of flashing the complete NAND.
      • The "uninstalling will render your console mostly useless" is considered to be a joke by nocash. However, if you modified the content of the actual NAND beyond installing unlaunch, removal might actually brick a DSi. It happened for no apparent reason in the past as well.
    http://problemkaputt.de/unlaunch.htm
    Put lastest unlaunch installer on your SD, bring up "File Menu", by holding (A)+(B) on power on and select the installer from the list and use the uninstall function. Proceed on your own risk

I normally refuse to assist in removing custom firmware (since a few weeks) but in this case, I thought it would be the better idea to write a bit since the unlaunch (un)installer carries way less risks than complete NAND restore.

Good luck and have fun!

Polochamps, banjo2, Pluto40 and 2 others like this.
  19. Lenks

Lenks Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Bulgaria
    Why somebody will want to restore their DSI to stock, i don't see any advantages of it? If you have so much more freedom and choice and everything work OK.

Last edited by Lenks, Apr 25, 2020
  20. KleinesSinchen

Germany
    Reasons for uninstalling CFW (not only DSi) have always been the same:
    • "I want to sell the console" (without mentioning previous software modification) → "I want my virginity back!"
    • "I don't like […]!" (Unlaunch disables music+sound in Launcher as well as Health and Safety screen)
    • (on newer consoles) "I want to prevent online ban!" (as if that would work)
    And my all-time favorite:
    • "Something does not work and I want to delete EVERYTHING and start from scratch!"
    That's pretty much all I can remember. None of these reasons are good (at least for me). Especially the last one hast caused quite some trouble.

If you consider a modification on a console: Please read BEFORE you decide.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen, Apr 24, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Possible, restore,