Hacking How do I reset my Wii to factory defaults?

kamo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
So yeah, I want to reset my Wii to factory defaults respectively clean it from all the crap that I installed in the last months. I'm talking about all that ciso things, I want all of the removed and start fresh with this tutorial. How do I do that?

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does your wii work?

If so don't worry about the cisos... They won't cause any harm what so ever and if anything needs their spot they will simply be overwritten.

The only way to completely restore all of those files without any problem would be to do an official nintendo firmware update... You are free to do so if you want, it just may interfere with reinstalling any custom ios in the future.

kamo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
piratesmack said:
Well, what "crap" have you installed?

Does it really matter if I just want to go back? If yes I really don't remember the IOS numbers. But I suppose that I could tell you what you want to know with AnyTitleDeleter right? In HBC is a infopanel which tell me that I'm using IOS36 v12.22 and I'm on ver. 4.0e

kamo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
koji2009 said:
Does your wii work?

If so don't worry about the cisos... They won't cause any harm what so ever and if anything needs their spot they will simply be overwritten.

The only way to completely restore all of those files without any problem would be to do an official nintendo firmware update... You are free to do so if you want, it just may interfere with reinstalling any custom ios in the future.

Yes, it works. So if they really wont cause any harm I wont do anything. I do have some problems though with DVDs (videos don't work, I cant even install it) and some programs like AnyTitleDeleter are giving me weird error messages at start.

edit
sorry for doubleposting.

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kamo said:
koji2009 said:
Does your wii work?

Yes, it works. So if they really wont cause any harm I wont do anything. I do have some problems though with DVDs (videos don't work, I cant even install it) and some programs like AnyTitleDeleter are giving me weird error messages at start.

edit
sorry for doubleposting.

Yeah, I agree with kamo, no need to uninstall anything.

After following that guide you linked above, dvdx should be able to install and AnyTitle Deleter should work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.