How do I reset my Wii to factory defaults?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kamo, May 15, 2009.

May 15, 2009
  1. kamo
    OP

Member kamo GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    So yeah, I want to reset my Wii to factory defaults respectively clean it from all the crap that I installed in the last months. I'm talking about all that ciso things, I want all of the removed and start fresh with this tutorial. How do I do that?

2. piratesmack

Member piratesmack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well, what "crap" have you installed?

3. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Does your wii work?

If so don't worry about the cisos... They won't cause any harm what so ever and if anything needs their spot they will simply be overwritten.

The only way to completely restore all of those files without any problem would be to do an official nintendo firmware update... You are free to do so if you want, it just may interfere with reinstalling any custom ios in the future.

4. kamo
    OP

Italy
    Does it really matter if I just want to go back? If yes I really don't remember the IOS numbers. But I suppose that I could tell you what you want to know with AnyTitleDeleter right? In HBC is a infopanel which tell me that I'm using IOS36 v12.22 and I'm on ver. 4.0e

5. kamo
    OP

Italy
    Yes, it works. So if they really wont cause any harm I wont do anything. I do have some problems though with DVDs (videos don't work, I cant even install it) and some programs like AnyTitleDeleter are giving me weird error messages at start.

edit
    sorry for doubleposting.

6. piratesmack

Member piratesmack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yeah, I agree with kamo, no need to uninstall anything.

After following that guide you linked above, dvdx should be able to install and AnyTitle Deleter should work