How do I reset my Wii back to factory settings?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by maxmouse2008, Jun 7, 2009.

1. maxmouse2008
    OP

Member maxmouse2008 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I modded my Wii using the Twlight Hack, and installed some homebrew and WADS

but now that there is "newer" ways to mod my wii (using externals and the such) I would just like to start over.

What is the best way to go about doing that?

2. beegee7730

Banned beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

United Kingdom
    use anytitledeleter to delete the wads, unless their an IOS, then if you want format the system menu.

3. Arm the Homeless

Member Arm the Homeless Custom Title

United States
    Well that's a stupid idea.

4. olliepop2000

Member olliepop2000 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Totally unnecessary to do that, just install the cIOS such as 202/222/223/249/250.

5. maxmouse2008
    OP

United States
    I sound like a newb but this cIOS and IOS is way over my head >_

6. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Starting over would require you to know a bit more about what you actually have done on your wii so far, and then proceeding to individually get rid of everything you did, which if you did know in the first place would be really stupid and pointless as you would then most likely know what you need to do to update to what you need.

Saying you "installed some homebrew" is really vague and doesn't really help anyone help you. What did you use to upgrade to 4.0. Do you already have any cIOS on it (do you currently have a working disc based backup launcher)? If you do then just run the cios rev10 installer (or higher if you want to try any other new possibly less stable revisions) and that should be all you need for any usb loader.

And regardless of anything else grab the hackmii installer off bootmii.org and use that to install the new hbc and bootmii (to both boot2 and ios if your wii allows you to) ASAP.

7. beegee7730

Banned beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

United Kingdom
    Basically do this:
    Install Waninkoko's CIOS rev13b.
    If you do not have a trucha-bugged IOS use google to find an appropriate guide.
    Download a suitable backup loader.
    Run it.
    Format your Hard Drive.
    Copy your games.
    ?????
    PROFIT!

8. maxmouse2008
    OP

United States
    Saying you "installed some homebrew" is really vague and doesn't really help anyone help you

A while ago I used Twlight Hack to install the HBC, I then used that to install WiiWare games

I do NOT have a disc based backup launcher (thats what I want)

I upgraded to 4.0 using Punch Out (retail copy)

9. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    Considering you did not installed any cIOS and only used Wad Manager from HBC, I would say there is NOTHING you have to delete, your Wii is quite virgin already...

You will need the HBC to run application and WAD Manager to install channels/IOS, so do not uninstall anything...

The only thing needed for Backup Loader solution are:

- the Backup Loader application
    - Waninkoko Custom IOS

10. maxmouse2008
    OP

United States
    even newber question, I was told you cant just delete WADS from the system delete cause it leaves "tickets"

can someone clear that up?

11. infinete

Member infinete The Temp's cynic.

United Kingdom
    when a wad is installed a ticket is left to bind the installed game to your wii, the ticket can be removed i believe by either uninstalling the wad or using any title deleter.

12. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Yea tickets are how it allows you to redownload games that you bought from the shop channel even if you delete the game from your system menu. They can still see you have the ticket for the game so they still will let you download it again. To remove that, put the original wad you used to install it back in your wad folder and run wad manager and uninstall that wad.

As for getting cIOS on your 4.0 Wii. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

Do the offline section of the guide (you can't do the online section because you don't have cIOS previously installed.) Just do steps 1-3, A-B, and 9-10 from the offline section, and you should then be able to use any backup launcher (Neogamma for most recent disc based launcher or whatever USB loader you visually like).