Hardware How do I remove fake Nintendo 3DS Screen Protectors?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 7,412
  • Replies 16
D

Deleted User

OP
28868.jpg
REAL
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-NINTENDO-3DS-SCR...=item3a65269a66 FAKE!

I bought a Nintendo 3DS LCD Screen Protector from eBay from this bastard for about £1.85. Upon arrival, they had engrish scrawl on the actual protector, had a brownish tint and had a crap cleaning cloth. I applied them, knowing that I am a retard, and they scratched almost immediately. I would like to know how to remove them, and replace them with genuine Hori stuff, as I have heard that they can cause permanent damage. Top and bottom screens, please.

Oh, and please, please never buy them from eBay. Just look.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
I'm not sure what you expect us to tell you.

Just take the screen protector off normally.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just both thouse kind from deal xtreme,
tongue.gif
they worked perfectly on mine
happy.gif

If u want to talk it off, take something that is really skinny, like the end of a envolope of something, (the harder the better), and push it inbetwen the edge that is the least stuck to the screen, and try to peal it off. If not, take a pin and wrap it in 1-2 layers of tissue paper, and pry the protectors off (tissue will protect ur screen from damages)

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best method is to use a very sticky tape, apply to the corner of the screen protector and peel off. This will ruin the protector, but it sounds like they're destined for the trash anyways.

D

Deleted-273695

OP
Pro Tip: If you buy one and don't know if it's a fake Hori or not, unpeel the protector from packaging, and if it's sticky it's fake shit but if it's not sticky it's good because it sticks with static which doesn't stick to your creen and put horrible glue on it.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I always use sticky tape (scotch tape isn't sticky enough!) on the sides on the applied protector, then peel it off when some came out.

I had bad experiences with fake (3rd party but not fake hori) protectors as well. It cost me S$10 (US$8, £5) and after sticking just a slight use of the stylus actually scratched the lower screen badly. Now I switch to hori ones which cost $16, far better than the 3rd party ones.

I must say though, that clone was a bad one. The 3DS logo on the protector wrapper was full black and the '3' looked really odd in the image.
ohmy.gif

D

Deleted User

OP
So, Sellotape is my best bet- won't that damage the screen a bit, or anything? It's been on for a while but i've only used the touch screen a tiny bit. Will it leave sticky residue on the screen?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
tigris said:
So, Sellotape is my best bet- won't that damage the screen a bit, or anything? It's been on for a while but i've only used the touch screen a tiny bit. Will it leave sticky residue on the screen?
Sellotape (or SCOTCH... Singapore actually claims that 'sello' is incorrect) won't really damage the screen and leave no sticky residue.

You can also use a blower/some cotton buds to remove some dust which were accumulating by the corners of the screen.
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

OP
chris888222 said:
tigris said:
Sellotape (or SCOTCH... Singapore actually claims that 'sello' is incorrect) won't really damage the screen and leave no sticky residue.

You can also use a blower/some cotton buds to remove some dust which were accumulating by the corners of the screen.
smile.gif
Better sooner than later, I suppose
smile.gif

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
In the past I've used superglue on my finger, stuck to the corner of the protector and peeled it off that way.

I was trying to remove the screen protector (and failing), then saw the glue on my desk so I figured why not
tongue.gif

Maybe not the best solution but it worked
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte