Hacking How do I remove a9lh on old3dsxl (a9lh v2)

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to know how to remove a9lh and luma on my old3dsxl because I want to sell it to gamestop. I do not have sdcardless a9lh and just sd card only a9lh. Would it be best to install my old nand backup using decrypt 9 or uninstall using safe a9lh installer. Is that all I have to do or do I have to do something else? Thanks in advance.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you plan to buy another 3ds or nah owo unless you have more
No I am not buying more because I have the better not banned new 3dsxl. The only reason I am selling my old banned one is to get money for the following: Shekia protection kit for nintendo switch,Pro controller for nintendo switch, voez, and fast rmx thanks for the 50% more credit gamestop! I am still going to support my thread to get unbanned and supply the next two seeds after the current one is banned.

Reactions: proflayton123

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ok thanks for the confirmation. No prob. The 3ds I want to sell is actually the pokemon banned 3ds :P.

Did I read that right? You're gonna sell a 3DS to gamestop that at first glance seems to be an used, but working console. Then someone else buys it and finds out that they can't even go online with it thanks to you? Seems like a dick move to me...

Reactions: Glyptofane

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YOu would not be able to sell this to gamestop or any other video game store.

Your best bet is to sell it on ebay, A9LH intact, with the disclosure that it is a banned console. someone may still want it.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YOu would not be able to sell this to gamestop or any other video game store.

Your best bet is to sell it on ebay, A9LH intact, with the disclosure that it is a banned console. someone may still want it.

i sold my banned one fine, i used a custom build of luma with the config menu disabled (had to be to ensure it did not pop up after they formatted it) and i had the localfriendcode swapped. also their internet was down at the time for testing nnid linking. they went to the nnid page to see if one was linked and it was not as i used a blank nnidsave.bin

Last edited by driverdis,

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
That is pure evil.
Did I read that right? You're gonna sell a 3DS to gamestop that at first glance seems to be an used, but working console. Then someone else buys it and finds out that they can't even go online with it thanks to you? Seems like a dick move to me...

Morality isn't for everyone you see. You just got to accept it and move on :P

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Morality isn't for everyone you see. You just got to accept it and move on :P

I do not think of it as a moral dilemma, I know that unlike when a sell a fully working (hardware wise) banned console on eBay or here, GameStop will send it to a facility with the possibility of repairing that 3DS to a usable state including the possibility of having the console unbanned since GameStop probably has connections to Nintendo for when they run into banned consoles to avoid having to trash them.

Since the console I sold was a Majora's Mask edition, someone will benefit from having it restored vs. throwing it in a drawer forever.

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You think gamestop actually send their consoles to nintendo to get refurbished and unbanned?

To the best of my knowledge, this is not done, unless it's actually bricked.

It seems very unlikely to me that they have the ability to get nintendo to unban a console.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You think gamestop actually send their consoles to nintendo to get refurbished and unbanned?

To the best of my knowledge, this is not done, unless it's actually bricked.

It seems very unlikely to me that they have the ability to get nintendo to unban a console.

GameStop has repair centers where consoles are sent to be refurbished. it would make no sense for them to not have any sort of contact with Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft in case they get a banned game console. It would be too much hassle to even accept used consoles if they did not have any sort of protection against having to eat the cost of the console.

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MS stated policy is to NEVER unban a console EVER, and that warranties are non transferrable. If you aren't the original owner, screw you.

People have unknowingly bought banned consoles from gamestops that don't have internet to check with. and if they don't figure it out in time, they are screwed. they just check if it works. if it doesn't work they take it as broken, and then get it repaired. in that case, if nintendo gets their hands on it it may be unbanned. if it seems to work, they just sell it as used, so it never goes to the refurb place.

I have seen no statement from anyone official that says refurbished consoles actually get unbanned.

Last edited by Zaphod77,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse