Hacking How do I remove a9lh and have Virgin 3ds again

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@yusuo Why you didnt take any NAND backups?
(Only a masochistic would do that when installing A9LH)
if you read, i did, I had a nand backup from rx tools before i moved over to a9lh

health and safety has fbi instaled so wont boot now but apart from that its completely virgin

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It shouldn't, but no guarantees. With stock firm0/firm1, it would just boot sysNAND as normal, assuming there is no unsigned content in sysNAND preventing it from booting.

STOP giving this very bad advice !

Some people already tried it, it ends up with brick half of the time, since FIRM get corrupted. See Cakes thread and such, you'll see.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It shouldn't, but no guarantees. With stock firm0/firm1, it would just boot sysNAND as normal, assuming there is no unsigned content in sysNAND preventing it from booting.
the key used to decrypt the firmware on New3DS would stay corrupted though, so it would brick in that instance. you'd need to restore that key somehow, or just flash a pre-arm9loaderhax NAND dump.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
STOP giving this very bad advice !

Some people already tried it, it ends up with brick half of the time, since FIRM get corrupted. See Cakes thread and such, you'll see.
I'm no expert on a9lh, and I think I made that pretty clear. If anyone wants to try this they do so at their own risk.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You could have installed a bunch of CIAs and used a non-screen init version of a9lh and sold it as a console with installed games. The buyer wouldn't know the difference - you could just give them some general advice about backing up the SD card (which is a good idea anyway).

Ichigo1000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Questions in the title
Aren't you the one who told me that i was asking stupid questions and that you think you are "superior" to me because you know how to use the forum's search function? That was hypocritical....

Anyways, back on topic, you can get rid of that by restoring from a nand backup created before installing a9lh.

Last edited by Ichigo1000,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Aren't you the one who told me that i was asking stupid questions and that you think you are "superior" to me because you know how to use the forum's search function? That was hypocritical....

Anyways, back on topic, you can get rid of that by restoring from a nand backup created before installing a9lh.
He doesn't have one.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They didn't really I got, £84 and I advertised it as a 9.2 3ds, don't know eBay rules on advertising modded things.

I only removed the hack incase someone got it who doesn't know what they're doing and accidentally bricks the thing

I would still include OTP.bin and OTP108.bin on the root of the SD card as a bonus since they are not useful to you anymore as they are console specific. if someone knows what they are, good for them but it will do no harm to people who have no idea what it is and deletes it.

tivanh

Trophies
XP
Country
Do your nand restore. Run any hax you have available i.e y8 sliderhax to boot homebrew channel. Load mini pasta and use h&s app (fbi) to delete h&s title id and reinstall h&s title id from the 9.2 firmware pack.

If your worried about deleting h&s app (fbi) while actually in it, although you shouldn't be, just use it to install devmenu instead and do the above with devmenu, then delete devmenu from data management or just format.

For a resale I would format and close it on initial setup for the buyer.

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You could have installed a bunch of CIAs and used a non-screen init version of a9lh and sold it as a console with installed games. The buyer wouldn't know the difference - you could just give them some general advice about backing up the SD card (which is a good idea anyway).

What if the owner swaps the SD card one day ? The console will not boot...

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
What if the owner swaps the SD card one day ? The console will not boot...
You could tell them it requires the files on the SD without telling them why. Unless they have some experience with 3ds consoles they'll take your word for it. Plus if you include a decent size card why would they ever want to swap it out?

Reactions: Ryccardo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.