Hacking How do I remove a9lh and have Virgin 3ds again

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You have over a hundred posts so see what prices you can get on the GBAtemp trading and selling section.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Questions in the title
There should be a way, using the same concept as http://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-hard...of-native_firm-from-10-4-10-5-to-10-2.412836/
However it should be possible by flashing an emuNAND backup to sysNAND as well. Or by updating your sysNAND from a CFW that does not block firm0/firm1 updates.
Yeah sell it with a9lh and send the buyer the otp.bin
I agree with this, a console with a9lh installed would be worth more.

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You have over a hundred posts so see what prices you can get on the GBAtemp trading and selling section.
I had it on there for over a week and not one enquiry. hence why I sold it on ebay. I think I may have a backup of my old nand, backing up my current one now just incase

Reactions: Blue

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had it on there for over a week and not one enquiry. hence why I sold it on ebay. I think I may have a backup of my old nand, backing up my current one now just incase
Only other thing I can think of is to get sysNAND to an exploitable firmware (9.0-9.2), make sure FIRM0/1 write protection is DISABLED, not enabled, then use sysUpdater to install all 9.2 titles which would overwrite a9lh. I don't think this would have any adverse side affects, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Regardless, if you have a NAND backup then that would be much better.

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Only other thing I can think of is to get sysNAND to an exploitable firmware (9.0-9.2), make sure FIRM0/1 write protection is DISABLED, not enabled, then use sysUpdater to install all 9.2 titles which would overwrite a9lh. I don't think this would have any adverse side affects, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Regardless, if you have a NAND backup then that would be much better.
This sounds interesting

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have heard that attempting to update with a9lh bricks. So if you have an emuNAND backup that's valid you could flash it then downgrade it back to 9.2 ofw

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
9.2 nand back up, has fbi installed into it so health and safety wont load but alls good

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People will seriously buy it as a CFW 3DS on ebay and such. In fact many rather buy a console already modded.

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They didn't really I got, £84 and I advertised it as a 9.2 3ds, don't know eBay rules on advertising modded things.

I only removed the hack incase someone got it who doesn't know what they're doing and accidentally bricks the thing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended