How do I put SAV files from a retail game back to the same retail game

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by BillGates, Jun 16, 2008.

1. BillGates
    OP

BillGates Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2008
    United States
    OK, I backed up some of my retail game's .sav files, I played them on my DSTT, they worked and everything, like normal. Ironically, one of my niece's deleted the data on my Super Mario 64 DS game -.- now, since I backed up the .sav file, how do I put it back on the game?

2. trivoldus

trivoldus Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2006
    It might be remotely possible if you have a slot-2 flashcard, but since I presume you have DSTT I have no idea how to swap the card without Mario going berserk [​IMG]
    Actually, I wanted to ask how did you back up your gamesave. What program did you use? Sorry for my laziness.

3. BillGates
    OP

BillGates Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2008
    United States
    Aww... I don't have a slot-2 thingy. And I don't plan on buying one =P

I used this tutorial to back it up.

4. krazykirk

krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Jul 17, 2007
    Australia
    You can use this tutorial. It uses wi-fi just like savsender does.

http://www.monroeworld.com/myfaq/index.php...&artlang=en

It will involve setting up a basic FTP server, but if you follow the instructions, you'll be fine. Put your save files in the directory that you set the FTP server to default to. (eg. c:\temp)

Once you get it set up, press R once, to open save restore, and restore the save file back to the orignal game card.

5. BillGates
    OP

BillGates Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2008
    United States
    I tried that, but it didn't work. Any other suggestions? Or what I could be doing wrong? I pressed R and then I tried pressing, I think B, then I chose the .sav file, but it didn't work. I tried renaming it to the actual ROM name, but that didn't work either.

6. Tanas

Tanas GBAtemp Addict

Aug 19, 2006
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice