1. MrLeche

OP MrLeche Member
    Newcomer

I'm kinda new to 3DS. I have an N3DS XL that I put CFW a week ago. I backed up 5 game carts I have using FBI>.cia, and earlier got a chance to try them via BOOP to FBI remote install. 2 worked, the other 3 for some reason they needed to be copied to SD card. 5 out 5 got installed afterwards though.

Here's the thing: When I fired up one title it says update available and I pressed Y and chose download now. Then I was told to go to settings > data management > 3DS > downloadable content. So I went.

I see the title and the size on the right(I think). But when I tap it the only choice is Delete.

1. Does that mean the game is already updated?
    2. How do I properly back it up with the updates installed?

Hope my question make sense.

TIA

Hmm. sorry like I said, I'm new to 3DS, I backed up my game using GodMode9 > cart() > .cia. Not FBI.

Last edited by MrLeche, Jan 13, 2020
  2. MrLeche
    This message by MrLeche has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Jan 14, 2020, Reason: Please do not bump threads..
    Jan 14, 2020 Show
  3. Glaceon575

Glaceon575 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    1. Select [A:] SYSNAND SD
    2. Select title > 00040000 if you are dumping a full title or 0004000e for an update or 0004008c for DLC > the last 8 digits of the TitleID (tidlow) > content > the .tmd in the folder
    3. Select TMD file options... > Build CIA (standard)
    4. The CIA will be in /gm9out/titleid.cia
    -Majickhat55

I would post the source for this little guide besides their username if i wasn't a new user

You will need to have the update installed on your system for this to work
    This is with godmod9. Hope this helps

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - including, properly, updates