How do i play wii games through USB?

Goos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I downloaded wii games and put them in folders with id codes in brackets but my USB loader GX stops loading at 83% ! Everytime.

I took my sd card out of the usb card reader and put the sd card in the wii u, and like that im able to go in USB loader GX. So its something with the USB reader. What do i do?? SD card is 128GB

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, usb loader gx can't read wii games off an sd card. they have to be on usb. cube games work off sd card, not wii games though.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably the vwii. it won't restart when you exit a wii game if you have it set up right. however, you need an hdd in most cases.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, lots of people have problems with a flash drive on the wii u. I think the wii you might be able to use them to an extent, but the wii u doesn't like them.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if a usb device disconnects, it even says it may not be getting enough power, to buy a y cable or have it self-powered. the error is in another post where I think the guy's hdd is falling asleep. there's a secret menu to disable an hdd going to sleep. I think he sound push down in the menu along with plus and minus to get the menu to appear. that's only for wii u though. vwii, dunno what you're supposed to do unless you disable it with the manufacturer's app.

KeinesR

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
To run gamecube or wii games there are 2 ways.

FIRST, vWii mode:
1. Use an usb conected to the back (use the one above, i tried others and doesn't work , the usb must be formated in fat32 with the wii config, and can be, hdd with externa power supply, flash drive or micro sd card with usb adapter but not all adapters works) or an SD card.
2. your vWii must be flashed with ios and that, i recomend use wiiflow, you cant use wii u gamepad in this method, it's like playing on a wii.
ADVANTAGES:
-Have wii, gc, and other emulators on the same drive
-you can manage files on the pc
-use your favorite homebrew apps or laucnher
-everything that comes with wii flashing
-Doesn't need an sd card connected o cfw

SECOND, directly install with wup installer.
1. You need free space on internal memory or and usb formated to work with the wii u.
2. You need to convert every wii or gc game and install 1 by 1. ( i use TeconmoonWiiVCInjector but there are others.) and SD card to install games, once installed, SD card is needed to play only gc games, wii games doesn't need it.
3. You can use gamepad with the gamecube games and wii games that support wii classic controller(the ones doesn't work with classic controller will work with normal wiimote), also you need to config nintendont (use TeconmoonWiiVCInjector too) on the sd card and have it on the wii u to play gc games.
4. You need to launch cfw everytime you want to start a game
ADVANTAGES:
-Play all gamecube and some wii games with gamepad
-Install games on the same drive as wii u games

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Bruh i bought a 128sd csrd so i could download alot of gamecube and wii games. Come to find out i cant install on WUP with a USB. Whats the best way for playing wii games?????
You can plug the SD into the built in SD reader and use it for GC/Wii games however you'll have to use WiiFlow as USB Loader GX doesn't support loading Wii games from SD.

Reactions: jeannotte

SyrusHedgie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bruhhhhhh
So like the others said, you definitely need to get an HDD or a USB that's actually compatible with the Wii U. The SD to USB readers do work with the Wii U, I used one myself, but you can only use that specifically for the Wii U, since it's proprietary. That goes for any drive.

But keep in mind, USBS tend to die a lot faster than HDD's, due to the limitations of constant read/write data. For an HDD you'll need a y cable which will take up two USB ports because the Wii U can't generate enough power in one to detect it.

Most people prefer the vWii for playing Wii and GC games mainly because of mods and the need to not sacrifice your hard drive to the Wii U, but IMHO the best way is to play them through WUP installs by making injects. The best tool to make vc injects is UWUVCI. It also has a wide variety of different games from consoles that you can inject, like game boy, game boy advance, Gameboy color, nes, snes, etc.

For the Wii and GC games, you will need your Wii U common key and the title key for a base to inject your game into. If you don't know what you're doing, there's a help guide built right into the program. Also be sure to configure your Nintendont config file and check "memcard emulation" so you can save your games. Also, the saves are just like the Wii, they go on the SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeaZWBrG__s