Gaming How do I play Phantasy Star Online, online? lol

cloudskipa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wondering? Can I use WPA PSK seen as though it's a newer release? I try to connect but it says it cannot find my network.. Is it WEP only?

I thought one of the plus points of the DSi is that it's updated to work on modern day routers, yet it appears that's not the case.

Thanks

tombot

Trophies
Website
www.wix.com
XP
Country
United States
First off I believe you mean Phantasy Star 0. Not Phantasy Star Online. Those are two different games.

Like any other WiFi DS game you need a WEP key if it's a locked network. The DSi picks up on more routers, yes, but only for the browser and the DSiware store. Nintendo doesn't like you using the WiFi Connection unless it's to buy their stuff!

cloudskipa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Prowler485 said:
If you haven't already, you need to patch it with the Xeno patch(I think). Not the Bahamut patch.

So if I patch it I can play online with my WPA PSK router?

Thanks so much for letting me know!

pachogamez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
cloudskipa said:
Prowler485 said:
If you haven't already, you need to patch it with the Xeno patch(I think). Not the Bahamut patch.

So if I patch it I can play online with my WPA PSK router?

Thanks so much for letting me know!

no, you MUST patch it for being able to see anybody when playing online using a rom

and you need your wifi to be WEP when playing online

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
The DS can't connect to WPA connections. So if you want security then go with WEP, if not then just leave it open (no password, that means anyone can use your connection, not recommended).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.