How Do I Play Patapon 3 on CFW 6.20 PRO-B6?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by aj_hix36, Jun 20, 2011.

Jun 20, 2011
  1. aj_hix36
    OP

Newcomer aj_hix36 Advanced Member

United States
    Hello everyone,

Just got into PSP hacking today.

I have PSP3000 g4, and it was on OFW 6.39.

I downgraded the firmware to 6.20, and installed CFW 6.20 PRO-B6, and then patched it to be permanent. So far so good.

So I try playing some Patapon 3, and it tells me I need to update to 6.31 or later.

Well I do a little research, and come across version.txt trick, as well as a nifty program called version.txt installer that does it for you.
    Ok, so I use the program all goes well, and I have even gone back and looked, and sure enough, its on the memory card. "I:\seplugins\version.txt"

So, I try to go play patapon, and it still says I am on 6.20, and also if I go to system information, it does not mention fake version in the MAC box.

What did I do wrong, and how do I get my patapon on?

2. ars25

Member ars25 I like tacos and pie

United States
    press select go to the option recovery menu enter recovery menu go to configuration and forth to the bottom down it says use version text enable it go to system sittings and check you firmware info and it will say fake x.xx what ever fw your fakeing

3. wyndcrosser

Member wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    There is a 6.39 CFW.

For your question, the text file has to go in your flash0,not on the memory stick. Or at least that is how it used to be. You would go into your recovery menu and select flash0 connect or whatever it's called, which would be a USB connection like attempt that would connect ur psp to your PC. Afterwards you would see the flash0 as the removable drive on your PC, you would move or edit the version.txt file there.

Good luck,

Wynd

4. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    I was playing patapon 3 a few weeks ago and I didn't have any problem playing it on my psp 3000.
    I'm using 6.20 pro-b6.

5. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    This is WRONG and for a new user to modify their flash0 is insane. On PRO firmwares the version.txt file goes in seplugins, but of itself won't do anything for games these days (it's just really for Media Go).

Patapon 3 should work natively on 6.20 PRO B-6. If you're having issues you could always try patching with ISO Tool

6. aj_hix36
    OP

Newcomer aj_hix36 Advanced Member

United States
    This is the winner. Thank you so much! I didn't realize pressing Select opened up a whole nother world. Maybe the guy who wrote the guide for the contest could update it to mention that. [​IMG]

7. ars25

Member ars25 I like tacos and pie

United States
    your welcome hope you enjoy your hacked psp