How do I play online with 3ds roms on Gatway?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TwilightWarrior, Apr 2, 2016.

1. TwilightWarrior
    OP

TwilightWarrior GBATEMP'S Official Boss

Jun 3, 2013
    Canada
    In front of my 3DS
    Hi, it's been a while since I've used my gateway and I sort of forgot alot of things. It is currently OMEGAv2.6 and my 3DS version is 4.4.0-10u. Anyways, I was wondering if there is anyway to play games online with the Gateway and if anyone can explain how the process works?

2. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    Quite a bit has changed, check out Gateway's new guide on their website and come back here and ask questions about anything that you don't understand.

3. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    Regarding online roms with Gateway, nothing has changed. You still need an official header from an official cart that can play online, and you need to inject that header into a .3ds rom and rename it .3dz to play online with it.

Regarding upgrading your emuNAND to 10.7 if that's something you want to do, simply get the new GW launcher and update as normal through system settings. 9.6 introduced new encryption keys again, and if you want to play new games that require 9.6+ firmware on a emuNAND lower than 9.6 you will need the cryptofixed version, so consider updating emuNAND if you want to play newer games.

4. TwilightWarrior
    OP

TwilightWarrior GBATEMP'S Official Boss

Jun 3, 2013
    Canada
    In front of my 3DS

What exactly is a header?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Which guide? I can't seem to find it.

5. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    We can't link to Gateway's site from here because of warez rules.