How do I play N64 games on a Wii with Homebrew an USB Loader GX?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jcgonzmo, Apr 10, 2019.

1. jcgonzmo
    OP

jcgonzmo Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2019
    Ecuador
    Guayaquil, Ecuador
    I do not want to install the games on the Wii's memory. I would rather do the sNeek or Neek thing an actually do it on a USB. I do not want to touch my Wii's actual memory for anything. Currently, I can play super nintendo games, nintendo, sega, etc. with USB Loader GX. I cannot play N64 or certain games of the Virtual Console.

2. DrGlitch

DrGlitch Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2019
    United Kingdom

In order to do this I suggest you get yourself an SD card.. or hard drive it all depends on how many games you wish to have.. Then download Wii64.. from the homebrew channel. Take your SD card and place it inside your computer. And in the Wii64 folder their should be a folder called Roms?. if not create it. Download your roms. and then extract them to your Roms folder on your SD Card. take your SD card out from your laptop or computer. Then load the WII64 program from the Homebrew Channel. and click LOAD FROM SD card, select the roms folder. select a game, click load, then click OK. then click PLAY rom...

3. jcgonzmo
    OP

jcgonzmo Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2019
    Ecuador
    Guayaquil, Ecuador
    Do you know why I cannot play N64 games and Virtual Console games like the rest of the games from the Virtual Console?

4. CORE

CORE Yes Ha Ha Ha!

Jul 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Not64 / Wii64 / Virtual Console use ones from your Region to avoid any issues.

5. DrGlitch

DrGlitch Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I assume you mean from the channels home screen correct? You can do this. Search youtube their
    are tons and tons of Wii Soft-Mod tutorials out there. or buy a ready made SD card on ebay..

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Good call forgot to add this.... I was playing Mario Kart 564 the US edition
    and the audio was horrible lol.
    Used the EU edition and it worked perfectly fine.

CORE likes this.
  6. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    cIOS is not compatible, or you need a specific base IOS, or you need a specific old cIOS version.
    there are lot of different setup requirement if you want to play N64 from emuNAND cIOS mode.

using neek is a solution but lot of users have difficulty to setup a working neek, while it's very easy/basic to do. I always spend 1 month to help each users not understanding why they can't do it right.

anyway, here is an old guide of mine :
    https://gbatemp.net/posts/6592730

edit:
    here is the compatibility list when using cIOS mode :
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii_cIOS_EmuNAND_Compatibility_List

you'll see some N64 require d2x v4, or d2x rev19 etc.
    look at Moto Heroz for example.

Last edited by Cyan, Apr 20, 2019 at 4:02 PM
    CORE likes this.