Gaming How do I play Mario Kart - PAL on my NTSC Wii? (Yes, I've searche

sofakng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've honestly tried searching for this but can't seem to find the information...

How do I completely disable the system update and play Mario Kart (PAL) on my NTSC Wii?

I want to make sure no PAL update is applied or any channels are created.

I've read tha I need BrickBlocker plus RegionFri but I don't know if that's it or the order to run them or....?

Any help is appriciated!

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you read exactly what you need to make it work, made a new thread about what you needed, even typed it out all on your own, but you can't just DO IT?
sofakng said:
I've read tha I need BrickBlocker plus RegionFri...
duh.. it's right there.

ynot914

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blueskies said:
So you read exactly what you need to make it work, made a new thread about what you needed, even typed it out all on your own, but you can't just DO IT?
sofakng said:
duh.. it's right there.

Dude, you're a [rempved]. Calm down and just let him know. [removed]. If it was something to get angry over I would have to consider you half retarded. Anyways, yes all you have to do is use BrickBlocker and RegionFri and you will be completely fine:)
smile.gif

ProdigySim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works fine with just brickblocker if your modchip does auto region patching.

And you posted this topic in the wrong forum.

sofakng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help and I apologize for posting this in the wrong forum...

I'm using the OpenWii v2.4 chip which lists "WII/GC RegionFree (Wii is about 70-80%) Gc is 100%" as one of it's features.

Is this the "autopatching" that you are talking about or do I still need RegionFri?

kallekall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ynot914 said:
blueskies said:
So you read exactly what you need to make it work, made a new thread about what you needed, even typed it out all on your own, but you can't just fucking DO IT?
sofakng said:
duh.. it's right there.

Dude, you're a fucking asshole. Calm down and just let him know. Jesus Christ. If it was something to get angry over I would have to consider you half retarded. Anyways, yes all you have to do is use BrickBlocker and RegionFri and you will be completely fine:)
smile.gif

I totally agree with you. Hi is an asshole and should get a warning or something like that...

bosscolor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
sofakng said:
Thanks for the help and I apologize for posting this in the wrong forum...

I'm using the OpenWii v2.4 chip which lists "WII/GC RegionFree (Wii is about 70-80%) Gc is 100%" as one of it's features.

Is this the "autopatching" that you are talking about or do I still need RegionFri?

Apply regionfrii , it won't kill you

windnsea26

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mercantigo said:
NTSC-J here.
Patched with WBB, and then Region Frii.
Locks up on load.

I have a USA NTSC Wii. I patched with WBB first, then Region Frii. I then burned on a TDK-R at 2.4X with ImageBurn. Worked like a charm for basic play. I haven't tried much yet. I will tomorrow for sure when my kids wake up.

mercantigo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
windnsea26 said:
mercantigo said:
NTSC-J here.
Locks up on load.

I have a USA NTSC Wii. I patched with WBB first, then Region Frii. I then burned on a TDK-R at 2.4X with ImageBurn. Worked like a charm for basic play. I haven't tried much yet. I will tomorrow for sure when my kids wake up.

For NTSC-U is working.

Some NTSC-J users reported that the game locks up on load. I`m getting the same problem.
BTW, some NTSC-U users that had made the Wii Chess`update reported that they weren`t prompted with the Update Screen.

Maybe this could have a connection. I didnt made the SMG, SSBB and Wii Chess updates.

windnsea26

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mercantigo said:
windnsea26 said:
mercantigo said:
NTSC-J here.
Locks up on load.

For NTSC-U is working.

Some NTSC-J users reported that the game locks up on load. I`m getting the same problem.
BTW, some NTSC-U users that had made the Wii Chess`update reported that they weren`t prompted with the Update Screen.

Maybe this could have a connection. I didnt made the SMG, SSBB and Wii Chess updates.

I forgot to add that my Wii and Wiikey is up to date with all firmware too. Maybe you need to make sure your Wii and your chip is up to date.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
I used

http://wii.waninkoko.info/

Wii Update Remover and then WiiFrii (needs key.bin however). Had the latest updates except IOS37 fully installed. Worked fine. But simply Brickblocker and RegionFrii will do it too. I just like the WiiFrii video mode patcher too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte