How do I play GBA and SNES games through the Gateway Blue Card (emulators)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by sacredshinobi, Apr 2, 2015.

1. sacredshinobi
    OP

sacredshinobi GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2010
    United States
    The blue card is basically a clone of the R4I Gold right, so would it be able to run emulators? Is there any special way I would need to set up the Card?

2. Random Joe
    This message by Random Joe has been removed from public view by Minox, Apr 2, 2015, Reason: Offtopic.
    Apr 2, 2015
  3. blinkzane

blinkzane Panic at your moms house

Jul 24, 2012
    United States
    Florida
    If there is anyone in the house who knows this answer, please tell us.

4. Flayim

Flayim Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Or you could just install the fucking .cia emulators.

5. sacredshinobi
    OP

Dec 10, 2010
    United States
    Enlighten me? Install actual emulators through cia files or are you talking about the VC games?

6. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    IMOP you're never going to get snes and gba games working properly on any r4 card other then the dstwo. The reason the dstwo is the exception is that it has a cpu built into the card allowing it to do all the work and the 3ds / dsi just has to output it

7. sacredshinobi
    OP

Dec 10, 2010
    United States
    Well actually I just wanted to play Final Fantasy 4 and Fire Emblem, so I don't think those will be high performance games or that performance will really matter at all

8. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    Answer has been given and you cant even look into it? Wow...

9. nxwing

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
  10. sacredshinobi
    OP

Dec 10, 2010
    United States
    If you mean the person who mentioned installing cia files of emulators, I did look into it. I posted the reply so I could get confirmation as to whether or not that was actually what he was referring to. I apologize if I seem lazy or ungrateful. This community is amazing and I really do appreciate it and all the help I've gotten from its members. I've been in the Wii, PS3, and DS home brew scenes but never in their infancy so I'm just not used to information being so scattered around.

Yeah I figured that much. Really sad too, because I looked around a lot for a Supercard DSTWO just so I can play SNES and GBA games on the go.

If the Supercard + thing turns out to actually be true then I may get one just for emulation purposes.

11. bjaxx87

bjaxx87 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 17, 2011
    Germany
    nxwing likes this.