How do I play DS games off a SuperCard Mini SD ?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by WiiU, Nov 11, 2014.

1. WiiU
    OP

WiiU Lurking in the Shadows

May 7, 2014
    Between worlds of Hyrule & Lorule
    I recently bought a SuperCard mini SD because it was half the price of the EZ-Flash IV and it was shipped from Australia.
    I got the GBA games working easily. However, I can't get the DS games to work.
    I do everything the official website says: convert roms, copy to micro SD, insert micro SD into mini SD adaptor, put mini SD adaptor into DS Lite but the DS roms are not showing up. What am I missing ?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    You need to boot into DS mode. Two main methods these days
    1) Nopass
    2) Flashme

A nopass is a DS slot device that boots the DS into DS mode but from the GBA slot. DS slot flash carts did have such functionality at one point but they variously lost it, consult whatever FAQ/Guide/Wiki there is for your DS slot flash cart to find out what goes there. I am not sure what goes as far as software launching these days, I think some did things by launching dumps of nopasses at some point and there might be other homebrew.

Flashme is a firmware mod for the DS and DS lite, it will allow you to boot DS mode from the GBA slot. It also allows you to play unsigned download play code (not really a thing now everybody has flash carts) and not have a health and safety screen (this is optional but highly recommended). It is slightly trickier to do on a DS lite but still a case of following simple instructions that do not require any real thought.

The supercard GBA slot editions did get updates until mid 2009 but it is easier in the long run to just buy a bigger SD card for your DS slot flash cart.

3. WiiU
    OP

May 7, 2014
    What do I need to install flashme ?

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Sorry, meant to link something there.
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/FlashMe

You need a way to boot into DS mode, these days this means a DS flash cart of some form. From there you run a piece of homebrew and follow the on screen instructions, you will however have to have something to short a connection on the motherboard (you can reach it by taking the battery cover off). Said shorting is what is harder on a DS lite -- it has to be done for longer and right next to it is something that, if shorted, will turn the DS off as you are installing flashme. However it is by no means hard and if you use/make a proper tool that should not happen, it is usually just when people did things like ram a tooth pick with a blob of tin foil on the end (like you could do on the original) that people started having trouble.

5. WiiU
    OP

May 7, 2014
    OK, thanks a lot :yaynds: